Who's Running Procomp A/T's [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Who's Running Procomp A/T's

nam6869usmc
03-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Well I'm taking the BFG M/T's off, going with 4 Procomp A/T's, daily driver & the biggest % is on road. Just wondering if anyone has done this downgrade swap and how are they compared to M/T's. This gas whole thing that's going on is horrible & getting worse by the day, I remember sitting in gas lines in 1975 with my Dodge Power Wagon, that sucked, and only allowed 5 gallons. This might sound funny, but I decided to take my Thule Roof Rack off a couple weeks ago, didn't need it with 4 Door, then I sold it to (2 Tough Nelson) here on the forum, my milage went from 12.2 to 15.4 as of yesterday. I guess the Roof Rack held me back some.
So if anyone is running 33's A/T's >> road noise, milage, handling, any feedback would be appreciated. Probaly be selling these BFG M/T's, you'll see them in the for sale section when I do, one brand new & 4 very good, & siped. At this time I have no idea what they would be worth.
And I'm getting the 4 Procomp for $549 & they'll be here in the morning.

igofshn
03-17-2008, 12:54 PM
They are comparable to BFG AT's. Good road manners and good wear.

nam6869usmc
03-17-2008, 02:18 PM
They are comparable to BFG AT's. Good road manners and good wear.

Thank You,...I relalize everything I did at Rausch Creek(Green, Blue & Black Trail's) I could of done with good A/T's.... just Air Down no problem. I'm not a Mud Bogger anyway, >>>way to much cleanup & never get off anyway.

Roy Nash
03-18-2008, 04:40 PM
I didn't see a size. But at 5 1/2 hundred bucks sounds like a good deal. I've had two sets of BFG AT's and they wore excellent. 2nd set had 35 K on them when I sold my Jeep Grand Cherokee and they were only about 1/2 worn or less. But when I priced them for my JK they were over $600 (for 4) from Sams! I'm looking up your option, for sure.
RE mileage: My JK is the X Unlimited with 2.75 rear end and 4x4 (of course!). I'm averaging over 18 (usually 18.5-19 mpg) with mixed city/slow highway (50-65 mph). I have stock tires ( p255 75R 17 = 32's; AT tread) and the 6 speed. Highway is always over 20 by my computer. The engine has less than 1500 miles! I'm very satisfied. My "secret" is to never lug the engine, but also to try to keep revs in the 1200-1600 rpm range. Our terrain is hilly but nothing steep. Power is just fine, all speeds.

nam6869usmc
03-18-2008, 05:21 PM
I didn't see a size. But at 5 1/2 hundred bucks sounds like a good deal. I've had two sets of BFG AT's and they wore excellent. 2nd set had 35 K on them when I sold my Jeep Grand Cherokee and they were only about 1/2 worn or less. But when I priced them for my JK they were over $600 (for 4) from Sams! I'm looking up your option, for sure.
RE mileage: My JK is the X Unlimited with 2.75 rear end and 4x4 (of course!). I'm averaging over 18 (usually 18.5-19 mpg) with mixed city/slow highway (50-65 mph). I have stock tires ( p255 75R 17 = 32's; AT tread) and the 6 speed. Highway is always over 20 by my computer. The engine has less than 1500 miles! I'm very satisfied. My "secret" is to never lug the engine, but also to try to keep revs in the 1200-1600 rpm range. Our terrain is hilly but nothing steep. Power is just fine, all speeds.

Roy of the tender AGE of 64, first off, I just went down a notch on the AGE thing, you got me sir. Now, thx for this info, my Son ran a couple sets of BFG A/T's on other truck & they wore like iron. He wanted A/T's again for his new Duramax & I new Procomp had buy 4 for the price of 3. He loves them, rock solid in snow, rain, & road handles great. When I first bought my JK I was getting around 17-18 around town, some heavy Mods like bumper winch, skids, etc dropped it quite a bit, but I expected it. With the BFG M/T's 33's I went down to 11.8 -12+. They are great off road no doubt about it, but aggressive A/T's will work fine & give me everything I need.
Nice JKV you got there, you'll love it...
P.S My Brother lives in Apollo Beach....great fishing.