Skidrow Skids [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Skidrow Skids

Dustoff '68
03-14-2008, 03:38 AM
For those of you who have been secretly craving a Skidrow Offroad front skid, but were afraid to buy 'cause it was painted rainbow coalition silver (you know who you are), they now come in black powder coat as well.:grinpimp:

nam6869usmc
03-14-2008, 04:56 AM
For those of you who have been secretly craving a Skidrow Offroad front skid, but were afraid to buy 'cause it was painted rainbow coalition silver (you know who you are), they now come in black powder coat as well.:grinpimp:

Shoot, this means mine will have to be painted black, I told Eric at Skidrow when we were designing this that the "Rainbow" looks a little suspicious. :rainbow:That's it, going up to Skidrow tonight & get a Black one.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/nam676869/rainbow1.jpg

Dustoff '68
03-15-2008, 03:18 AM
....real cute Gunny...and who said the Marines are just lookin' for a few good men?:laughing::beer:

Marauder
03-15-2008, 03:29 AM
Man i got one nad after looking at it thought to myself

i can't belive i just bought an add for skidrow cause it sure is not a skid plate

JerzeyJeeper
03-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Man i got one nad after looking at it thought to myself

i can't belive i just bought an add for skidrow cause it sure is not a skid plate
So are you saying it's flimsy? I'm interested in the new black one.

seer
03-16-2008, 06:44 PM
It's not flimsy, but other than serving as a major billboard for Skid Row and adding weight, what purpose does it really serve?

Dustoff '68
03-18-2008, 06:44 AM
It's not flimsy, but other than serving as a major billboard for Skid Row and adding weight, what purpose does it really serve?

...it is a reasonably priced replacement for the air dam which will not hold up to any rough contact...I suppose one could argue what level protection it provides, but who cares...adding weight? Why 99.99999% of Wrangler owners don't care about weight...just look at the mods on these boards...steel wheels, steel bumpers, winches, 37" gums, anti IED armor plate for the undercarriage...weight??? That's not in any Jeep dictionary I'm aware of...and yes...I like the billboard skid plate;)

JerzeyJeeper
03-18-2008, 08:06 AM
I'm with you, Dustoff. It's not like the plastic air dam is completely weightless. So by replacing it with a metal plate, sure you're adding some weight, but not enough to make much of a difference in terms of mpg. Part of what you're buying with this front plate is piece of mind. Plus, I like the billboard too!

seer
03-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Weightless is really not the main question. Uselessness is. Why would I want to replace the front air dam? There's nothing up there to protect. (Non-Rubi)

Dustoff '68
03-18-2008, 10:04 AM
Weightless is really not the main question. Uselessness is. Why would I want to replace the front air dam? There's nothing up there to protect. (Non-Rubi)

Who cares...it's cheap, and has a greater protection potential than chrome bling bling gas doors , or plastic "Shehara" side steps, etc., ad nauseum...btw, there is a lot up front that could use protection...;)

seer
03-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Who cares...it's cheap, and has a greater protection potential than chrome bling bling gas doors , or plastic "Shehara" side steps, etc., ad nauseum...btw, there is a lot up front that could use protection...;)

I have one. It's lying in the pile of crap I've pulled off the JK. It covers two horizontal pieces of the frame. BFD. I've just been looking for someone to convince me that it wasn't the largest amount of $$$ I've wasted so far. I guess it might offer some protection from the parking stops at the mall.:lol:

nam6869usmc
03-18-2008, 06:42 PM
No guy's here's a Billboard,.. it's everywhere,,"Skidrow" ,windshield Banner, Rock Rail Decal, front fender Decal both sides, and Front Stubby Bumper.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/nam676869/DSCF0021-2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/nam676869/DSCF0067-1.jpg

Dustoff '68
03-18-2008, 07:05 PM
I have one. It's lying in the pile of crap I've pulled off the JK. It covers two horizontal pieces of the frame. BFD. I've just been looking for someone to convince me that it wasn't the largest amount of $$$ I've wasted so far. I guess it might offer some protection from the parking stops at the mall.:lol:

since you have no use for it, be a stand up guy and put it on the "FREE Stuff" section of our forum...I'm sure you'll have a number of takers...come on guy...just do it...get rid of that POS headache you can't stand to look at in that scrap pile of useless junk:)

Dustoff '68
03-18-2008, 07:08 PM
No guy's here's a Billboard,.. it's everywhere,,"Skidrow" ,windshield Banner, Rock Rail Decal, front fender Decal both sides, and Front Stubby Bumper.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/nam676869/DSCF0021-2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/nam676869/DSCF0067-1.jpg

Semper Fi:beer:

seer
03-18-2008, 07:08 PM
LMAO :laughing2:

Man, you should be gettin' kickbacks! Does all that advertising cut down on your mileage?

Dustoff '68
03-18-2008, 07:12 PM

Man, you should be gettin' kickbacks! Does all that advertising cut down on your mileage?

step up to the plate guy....put it in the FREE STUFF section...what...maybe you really don't have one;...come on chuckles....walk the walk.)

Dustoff '68
03-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Seer....I can't hear youuuuuuuu....

seer
03-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Everybody wantin' somethin' for nothin'.:hmph:

Dustoff '68
03-18-2008, 08:56 PM
Everybody wantin' somethin' for nothin'.:hmph:

Yep...just as I thought...nothin' to give...sigh.....when you put one of these useless skids on your....did you say you have a JK...then let me know what you really think:shaking:

seer
03-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Yep...just as I thought...nothin' to give...sigh.....when you put one of these useless skids on your....did you say you have a JK...then let me know what you really think:shaking:

:laughing: It's the only part of my JK (see avatar) that doesn't seem to collect any carnage. It doesn't work with the Nates4x4 bumper anyhow.

nam6869usmc
03-19-2008, 04:46 AM

Well now, lauging at my JK, spent many hours under my Jeep with "Eric" of SKF Manufacturing , LLC "Skidrow" Developing & Fabbing the first stuff for the new 4 Door. No, I'm not an employee, I'm a donor JK. Eric, Rick, and Pam are a bunch of great people to be around because they wheel also. After looking at my Rock Rail's & Engine Skid I would of of been in deep Sh#t without them, Now about the kickbacks youngster, I wear what we make, very well worth my time, enough said.
PS, Eddie really didn't like my JK with this stuff on it, after 600+ post he sent me bye bye.

Dustoff '68
03-19-2008, 10:13 AM
Well now, lauging at my JK, spent many hours under my Jeep with "Eric" of SKF Manufacturing , LLC "Skidrow" Developing & Fabbing the first stuff for the new 4 Door. No, I'm not an employee, I'm a donor JK. Eric, Rick, and Pam are a bunch of great people to be around because they wheel also. After looking at my Rock Rail's & Engine Skid I would of of been in deep Sh#t without them, Now about the kickbacks youngster, I wear what we make, very well worth my time, enough said.
PS, Eddie really didn't like my JK with this stuff on it, after 600+ post he sent me bye bye.

Hey....I wanna" be a donor too...no....not my old tired entrails...my JK:bounce:

seer
03-22-2008, 10:19 AM

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Somebody wants to bolt a proto on my JK and I'm pastin' decals on my house as well. That'd sure piss off the home owner's ass.:thefinger:

Hey Dustoff, ain't you northeast boys supposed to be Yankee traders and all? If you want that Skidrow billboard of mine, what you got to trade?:grinpimp:

Marauder
03-24-2008, 07:41 PM
If the Skid covered something other than the factory bash bar i would have said it was worth the money. But as is is it's nothing but a free mobile bill board for SKIDROW ;)

I have there tranyy skid plate and love it ordered it as soon as it was released. Great quality and ease of install of it conned me into buying the front skid LOL.

I will be welding up something to add to the protection up fron using the skid so it was not a complete waste of money,

seer
03-25-2008, 08:03 AM
If the Skid covered something other than the factory bash bar i would have said it was worth the money. But as is is it's nothing but a free mobile bill board for SKIDROW ;)

I have there tranyy skid plate and love it ordered it as soon as it was released. Great quality and ease of install of it conned me into buying the front skid LOL.

I will be welding up something to add to the protection up fron using the skid so it was not a complete waste of money,

Hope to see picts when you're done. (Are you gonna cover the big SKIDROW when you fab it?)

nam6869usmc
03-25-2008, 10:32 AM
So your saying this "Billboard" in my front yard is out of line. :thefinger::thefinger::laughing2:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/nam676869/billboard.jpg

Marauder
03-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Hey i could care less if it has skidrow cut all over the thing if it covered more so it might stay on inless i have to cover it while fabbing something up

seer
03-26-2008, 05:54 PM
So your saying this "Billboard" in my front yard is out of line. :thefinger::thefinger::laughing2:

:laughing2:Not if they're bolting stuff on my JK for me. I wonder what my Home Owner's Ass would have to say about that.:thefinger::laughing2:

Dustoff '68
03-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Gee...when I see that billboard, I can hear Stevie Wonder singin'..."Isn't she lovely...."

seer
03-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Gee...when I see that billboard, I can hear Stevie Wonder singin'..."Isn't she lovely...."

But he really couldn't see it.:D:beer: