Hi [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Hi

leylad
02-28-2008, 11:00 AM
My name is Dave I have a UK spec JK with a Diesel. Its my second jeep..I also have some other vehicles. I have ordered some wheels and a replacement front bumper/winch. I am delighted with the diesel engine but hate the rear number plate set up. I need to get hold of a US license plate holder.

Dave

cab76
02-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Welcome from England! Wife and I took a train vacation there a few years back right after graduating from college and we can't wait to go back. We'll bring an umbrella next time though - it rained almost the whole time we were there!

Anyways, regarding your delight with the diesel engine, let me be the first to give you a warm JKOwners salute :thefinger:

I guess envy overrules international courtesy when talking a diesel for the JK!

Regarding the license plate location - I agree the European location is horrid. Why not get a new rear bumper to match your new front bumper and mount it there? Or mount it to the rear tire. The US mount is better than the European mount, but it still sticks out on the side and is vulnerable to being hit by a branch or whatever on the trail. Be sure to post up some pics with your new bumper(s) installed!

luigi0523
02-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Welcome from Golden, Colorado leylad !

skibum
02-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Welcome from New Hampshire. I'm Dave also by coincidence. And, I wish I had a diesel. :D