I want a SUPPRESSOR in NC [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: I want a SUPPRESSOR in NC

blownJK
08-04-2009, 10:16 PM
I've got a lil P22 and an AR-15...I would like to buy a suppressor for both. Just wondering if there is anyone in the NC area (or state with similar laws) that has one and could tell me the expenses and steps taken to legally acquire one.

Thanks

Mr.RonGilbert
08-04-2009, 10:21 PM
I've got a lil P22 and an AR-15...I would like to buy a suppressor for both. Just wondering if there is anyone in the NC area (or state with similar laws) that has one and could tell me the expenses and steps taken to legally acquire one.

Thanks

I think this dude will ship anywhere. He filled out all of my paperwork and even put a stamp on the package to send to the feds for the stamp... All I had to do was sign and get the county Sheriff to sign as well.

I would at least give him a call - he will let you know what to do no matter where you buy it.

On edit.... holy fawk.. his prices have gone up. I paid $300 for my 22/223 back in 1995 (I think) the total price was a little more he threaded the end of two rifles and sold me an adapter for my Ruger pistol... he threw in a crapload of subsonic ammo too.

blownJK
08-04-2009, 10:43 PM
dammit, i also forgot to mention my other problem.........county sheriff refuses to sign :bawling: :shaking:

Mr.RonGilbert
08-04-2009, 11:12 PM
dammit, i also forgot to mention my other problem.........county sheriff refuses to sign :bawling: :shaking:

No chit? That is a major hangup... what reason did you put down? Zombie killer? I put collector down on mine and it flew right on through..... (of course I was a Deputy Sheriff at the time :D)

What are the chances of you living in the city.... then the Chief of Police has to sign it... (in Texas anyway - not sure about NC).

There was a Sheriff in Harris County - big azz county, third largest in the nation - who said that he would never sign one... not for cops, not for buddies - period and to my knowledge he didnt, what a d!ck. I got mine when I moved out of Harris County into a neighboring county.

Let me know what he (the crazy Greek dude) says. I cannot go in that place any more..... about as bad as walking through Pig or Crashes place.... all that chit you "need" but nowhere near enough jack to pay for it.

:beer:

scottyp
08-05-2009, 10:28 AM
I think it would be badas$ to have a suppressor but is it needed? What actual purpose does a suppressor serve other then suppression? Like I said would be sweet to have but not really a big deal unless im overlooking something

Jared89
08-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Well the main function of a suppressor is of course to reduce sound, also helps with flash reduced recoil.

scottyp
08-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Well the main function of a suppressor is of course to reduce sound, also helps with flash reduced recoil.

Well yeah thats why I said other then suppression(suppressing the sound lol) and yeah reduced flash/recoil but also takes away from accuracy. Your not fighting in combat so flash isnt really a biggie and recoil on some levels but only reason you would NEED less recoil is one if its too much for you:shaking: or two your shooting multiple rounds at once down range but if your unloading I doubt your worried about accuracy so recoil isnt really an issue. idk JMO about it. Dont get my wrong I would want one if i had an AR-15 but wouldnt get hung up on not getting permission for one.

Jared89
08-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Well thats like saying do you really need a .50 rife to shoot at 300yards, well not really but its AWESOME lol:smokin:. I mean it more of a something you want it you buy it(after the paper work and stamp). I am with you i dont think there is a real need for them for just target shooting but to each his own. But i have to admit when i see a a nice 7.5" ar with a suppressor its just a cool thing if you have the cash. Nouthing NFA is cheap thats why i dont own any lol.
http://www.adcofirearms.com/junkpics/7-5weight.jpg

blownJK
08-05-2009, 12:54 PM
I think it would be badas$ to have a suppressor but is it needed? What actual purpose does a suppressor serve other then suppression? Like I said would be sweet to have but not really a big deal unless im overlooking something

I like to shoot on my property (it's legal here)...but don't want to disturb the neighbors :D

edwin907
08-05-2009, 05:07 PM
You don't need the law enforcement signature or the fingerprints if you go the trust route.

It's what I did for my 2 suppressors and 3 SBRs.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z238/edwin907/G2a.jpg

Mr.RonGilbert
08-05-2009, 05:17 PM

I have no use for one whatsoever.... it just has a cool factor of about 9.5 really. It is nice to plink with and you could hunt with it if you wanted a big gut pile...

I just think it is cool.. that is it.

Same reason I have a switch blade knife..... no real need for it.

H8T2W8T
08-06-2009, 06:03 PM

It's your legal right own and use one. Provided you live in the right state, not a felon, blah, blah, blah. Other than that, it's pure fun.:D

YouTube - Subsonic 5.56 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLVqG2GCaLw)
YouTube - Shhh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdUlAns6gCM)

H8T2W8T
08-06-2009, 06:04 PM
I went the trust route for all my NFA items as well. I did my very first one as an individual, but the SO messed up the paperwork. It took the ATF about 3 or 4 months just to let me know it was messed up. I've been doing trust since.

blownJK
08-06-2009, 06:18 PM
OK this trust method sounds pretty good....what steps do I need to take to get a trust...and do I have to do a trust for every suppressor I buy or is it a one time thing?

H8T2W8T
08-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Get a lawyer or go the route I did. Quicken Will Maker-it has Trust on it. You only need one Trust for anything and everything you want to put it in. You just update one section when you add items to it.

EDIT-I hate to send you here, due to the fact that there is so much "he said, she said" crap. Normally on the internet it's something you can bypass, but in this case you want to read it, incase it has something to deal with your state specific.

This page has a handful of stickified threads at the top that will help you out. You just have to sort through the crap.
Good luck.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=17

scottyp
08-06-2009, 07:52 PM
I have no use for one whatsoever.... it just has a cool factor of about 9.5 really.

I'd say 9.7.:thefinger: Once again I just said is it NEEDED. Trust me if I had an AR or any rifle id want a suppressor on it just b/c 1.It's sweet and two I can I was just saying I wouldnt run around the damn city trying to get it signed and lawyers and blah blah blah thats all:grinpimp:

Jared89
08-06-2009, 09:41 PM
full auto+sbr+suppressor ftw:mr-t: 458 socom, cool vid what .458 about $2 a shot :laughing:
YouTube - 458 SOCOM Full Auto Suppressed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asFtIQELcn0)

scottyp
08-07-2009, 03:58 AM
shhh video FTW! bad as$:bounce:

H8T2W8T
08-07-2009, 02:32 PM
shhh video FTW! bad as$:bounce:

Yea, I got lucky and nailed it my first load development. I didn't think I could get 308 to be that quiet. Just a small pop folowed by a woosh. The target getting hit is louder. The AR subsonic is scary quiet. I brought out a pellet gun just to compare the sound. Niether the 308 or 556 are as loud as the pellet gun.

scottyp
08-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Yea, I got lucky and nailed it my first load development. I didn't think I could get 308 to be that quiet. Just a small pop folowed by a woosh. The target getting hit is louder. The AR subsonic is scary quiet. I brought out a pellet gun just to compare the sound. Niether the 308 or 556 are as loud as the pellet gun.

thats awesome:beer:

usmcdoc14
08-07-2009, 10:44 PM

When I made my 22lr suppressor I listed its reason as "Hearing Conservation" :devil:

They also make short barrel rifles run better.

Hey H8T2W8T you want to sell/trade some of that 308 subsonic? I am too busy/lazy to figure some out right now :laughing:

edit: Oh and both my homemade 22lr and my purchased 308 can are on a trust that I did using simple trust software and tweaked a little to better fit my needs.

H8T2W8T
08-07-2009, 10:54 PM
I actually don't have anymore SMK 175's to make them. I made a metric ton of my FGMM 175 clones. I had a few left over so I expiremented with the subsonic stuff. I need to get a cash injection, then onto more reloading. What do you plan to shoot it out of, and do you reload?

I could better tell you what recipe would work for you if I knew what you had.

usmcdoc14
08-08-2009, 12:00 AM
I actually don't have anymore SMK 175's to make them. I made a metric ton of my FGMM 175 clones. I had a few left over so I expiremented with the subsonic stuff. I need to get a cash injection, then onto more reloading. What do you plan to shoot it out of, and do you reload?

I have a FAL that wants to eat some subsonic and some x39 for a short AK :devil:
but I have no time or setup, got brass, got ammo, no time :(

I was doing some reading on using FMJBT ran BACKWARDS in a 7.62x39 and it was happy in flight and hit like a brick

guinness
08-08-2009, 08:52 AM

Can you reccomend something for a remington 700 .308? I dont have a supressor but I like trying out new stuff when Im reloading, it helps cut down on the monotny. Oh and it loves hornaday A-MAX 168gr and 178gr, groups a little better than the SMK's.

H8T2W8T
08-08-2009, 10:31 AM
I have a FAL that wants to eat some subsonic and some x39 for a short AK :devil:
but I have no time or setup, got brass, got ammo, no time :(

I was doing some reading on using FMJBT ran BACKWARDS in a 7.62x39 and it was happy in flight and hit like a brick

Short story shorter. I can't reload for a firearm I've never shot or don't have. It's just part of the process of testing. I have never reloaded for either rifle, so I wouldn't know where to start. Sorry.

H8T2W8T
08-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Can you reccomend something for a remington 700 .308? I dont have a supressor but I like trying out new stuff when Im reloading, it helps cut down on the monotny. Oh and it loves hornaday A-MAX 168gr and 178gr, groups a little better than the SMK's.

What length barrel and twist? Are you looking for subsonic or a normal load?

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=323517#Post323517

guinness
08-10-2009, 03:45 PM
What length barrel and twist? Are you looking for subsonic or a normal load?

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=323517#Post323517

Sorry, was a little slow brained yesterday.

Its a 26" barrel 1:10 twist. Im looking for subsonic just for fun. Thanks for the link as well. Didnt spend any real time there; yet, but will bookmark it as a resource.:beer:

usmcdoc14
08-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Short story shorter. I can't reload for a firearm I've never shot or don't have. It's just part of the process of testing. I have never reloaded for either rifle, so I wouldn't know where to start. Sorry.

if you were local I would just loan you the guns :laughing:

AlohaRover
09-02-2009, 03:59 PM
I have a FAL that wants to eat some subsonic and some x39 for a short AK

The FAL QD finally showed up yesterday

AlohaRover
09-02-2009, 04:01 PM

Thanks

James Firearms.
Shoot me an email and I will send you his info
sales@EvilBlackRifleShop.com