moving to Atlanta? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: moving to Atlanta?

Ruskin
08-02-2009, 09:51 AM
My company just asked me to move to Atlanta. Figured you guys might have some advice on where to live and anything else I should know before I move.

I'll be working near Lenox mall and looking to rent a house for the family: wife, two kids, dog, and jeep.

Any advice appreciated.

gold knight
08-02-2009, 11:02 AM
North:D If you don't want to live in the city and don't mind a commute, come as far north as possible. Be prepared for mega traffic but we have hills and a little more rural setting (what's left of it).

Good luck and we look forward to having another Southeast member:bounce:

gold knight
08-04-2009, 03:24 PM
ta ding....did you hear that? I dropped a pin:shaking: Come on anybody else got some advice for Ruskin?

How long until you move up this way? Check out Alpharetta, Cumming, Dawsonville...

WRANGLERV8
08-04-2009, 04:17 PM
don't forget Cartersville

Ruskin
08-05-2009, 05:01 AM
The move date keeps changing. Anytime between Sept 1 and Feb 2010. Really depends on me getting a renter for my house in Tampa.

If anyone wants a really nice house to rent in the Tampa Bay Area for cheap, let me know. Or if anyone in Atlanta wants to swap houses, I'm up for that.

I've heard that Peachtree City is nice and only 30 min from Buckhead. Is that true?