Headlights on Alarm activate [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Headlights on Alarm activate

kcox920
08-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Does anyone know how to turn off this annoying "safety" feature? I'm not talking about the lights blinking when the alarm is activated. It's the headlights staying on for like 2 minutes after you get out and all. It's quite annoying to say the least.

Thanks!

dougr5150
08-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Unless yours is different then mine, the head lights only stay on if I shut the Jeep off first, if I turn off the lights before I turn off the Jeep the lights do not stay on.

PhilD
10-25-2007, 09:37 AM
if I turn off the lights before I turn off the Jeep the lights do not stay on.X2

BTW Unless you have added an alarm system, the word "alarm" is a bit of a stretch for the power convenience group.

mrsig
11-13-2007, 02:30 PM
You need to go to the Dealer they can turn that off!

Nanook
11-28-2007, 09:25 PM
I believe that I read in the manual how to do it. Don't have it right now but I remember reading about it. If it wasn't so late I would go grab it and check.

Gear
11-28-2007, 09:41 PM
When my Jk was in for a recall notice. I had them change the time from 30 seconds on to 10 seconds. The dealer just accesses the on board computer and programs in what you want. I know that headlight feature was a poor design. Nothing like getting in your locked JK in the middle of the night to light up your neighbors tent for 1/2 a minute.