Do I need a Priest or a Mechanic??? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Do I need a Priest or a Mechanic???

strobelpd
02-17-2008, 06:46 AM
Occasionally while driving and touching switches to perform various functions (i.e. turn signals, wipers, etc.) the electronics begin to freak-out for a couple seconds. Head lights flash, wipers take off on their own. Last night while driving home, I went from low to high beam. The headlights flashed and wipers took off again then stopped. One time I could get either turn signal to stop flashing. Do I need a Priest or a Mechanic???:devil:

Living Still
02-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Hahaha maybe both? I am surprised they are still having electronic issues with '08s. Probably the best thing to do is to just take it to the dealership and let them fiddle with it. Who knows maybe it will be as simple as a quick reflash.

-Casey

zero
02-17-2008, 07:23 PM
My '08 Sahara is currently in the shop for the 4th time with only about 1800 miles on it for some weird electrical/computer gremlins as well.

My demon to be exorcised involves the ESP system activating inappropriately on making right turns. A gentle right turn will intermittently cause the ESP light to come on and the antilock brakes to activate. Also, the steering gets very darty and the steering wheel shakes back and forth almost an inch or two in each direction.

The dealer has been able to reproduce this phenomenon twice and they reflashed the computer with temporary results. Now they can't reproduce the symptoms and they have had the Jeep for about a week. It has a dealer installed 3" Teraflex lift and 18" wheels with 33" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ Radials.

If the priest works for your problems, let me have his number!!

strobelpd
02-18-2008, 07:41 AM
Maybe I'll run mine by the shop to see if they can do anything, I'll keep you informed.

a plumber
02-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Blinker fluid low?

Dustoff '68
02-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Exorcism?

strobelpd
02-23-2008, 12:41 AM
Blinker fluid low?

Ya know, I didn't think to check that. Good call. :laughing: