In need of a fun trail [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: In need of a fun trail

JK Inferno
07-22-2009, 11:08 AM
Hey JK Owners! This Saturday my mom's boyfriend is coming into town and she wants me to take him on a short little run (he's into jeeps to). I was wondering if anyone knew of a short trail or anywhere with some nice obstacles close to the Tatum and the 101 (Desert Ridge). If anything, I can just go off-road a little north of my house, I'm just wondering if anyone else have some suggestions! Thanks guys, cheers

RubiJK
07-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Be careful where you go out there... Some guys were getting ticketed up near Pinnacle Peak and Scottsdale Rd I believe. Some of that land up there is STL but posted no trespassing. Some of the signs for some of the areas are hard to see depending on where you might enter.

The closest "real trails" to you would be Table Mesa (North on I-17) or probably the Butcher Jones area (on the NW side of Saguaro Lake). Butcher Jones will prob have more area to roam and a larger mix of difficulty levels. TM has some great trails, but isnt somewhere you can really just go "drive around."

I think I saw you on VJC also... I would suggest you post up there as there are a lot more local guys (instead of just JK guys) that go out regularly. BJ area always seem to have a lot of Jeeps and I wouldnt be surprised if you could get a few to go for a run out there. I wouldnt recommend you go alone no matter where you go...

JK Inferno
07-22-2009, 11:29 AM
thanks rubi! yeah, its unfortunate that it's illegal to off-road...somewhere where there will just be houses and black top in the future, doesn't make sense to me, but then again I'm not in the government. thanks for the advice on the trails to, ill jump on JKO and see how the guys are there haha.

steves07jk
07-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Yeah theres a run sat I was thinking about joining out to the coves if I dont work sat. Jason tell trish I want one of those margaritas when she makes them with the patron.

JK Inferno
07-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Yeah theres a run sat I was thinking about joining out to the coves if I dont work sat.

Is there any other info about the run? or just a link to a post haha thanks!

steves07jk
07-22-2009, 02:05 PM
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=47605

thats the link to the run sorry

JohnnyRubicon
07-22-2009, 04:09 PM
What trim package do you have? X, Sahara, Rubicon. Any modifications? Just curious.

I would do the coves for the first time out because it can be as short or as long as you want it + you can make it as easy as driving on dirt roads or as hard as climbing steep mogully inclines. Other good started runs are going up and over 4 peaks and even box canyon. If I was going to be in town this weekend Id take you out to any of those areas, but instead I will be riding 500 miles on my motorcycle in 100+ degree heat.:pissed:

JK Inferno
07-22-2009, 06:36 PM
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=47605

thats the link to the run sorry

thanks man! posted on the forum, im ready to roll on saturday. can't do friday though, there's a m&g i have to go to

JK Inferno
07-22-2009, 06:37 PM
What trim package do you have? X, Sahara, Rubicon. Any modifications? Just curious.

Ive got the rubicon, thought i might as well get the better front axel, t covers, and skids :bounce:

BLK RUBI ON 40s
07-22-2009, 06:44 PM
I agree that the table mesa area would be the best place to explore. There are numerous trails a stock rubicon can do and some of the leasure areas are fun to. Theres a river and shade when driving by the mountains. Ther coves are cool too, but kinda boring after a while. :beer:

JK Inferno
07-22-2009, 07:07 PM
I agree that the table mesa area would be the best place to explore. There are numerous trails a stock rubicon can do and some of the leasure areas are fun to. Theres a river and shade when driving by the mountains. Ther coves are cool too, but kinda boring after a while. :beer:

anything sounds good to me man! never done a real trail before, and never with a group. :bounce: <-- thats roughly how ready i am to go haha

ZooseJK
07-22-2009, 09:18 PM
anything sounds good to me man! never done a real trail before, and never with a group. :bounce: <-- thats roughly how ready i am to go haha

Adam i posted on VJC but im going to try to head out there too.:beer::beer:

Bruzr
07-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Adam i posted on VJC but im going to try to head out there too.:beer::beer:

Me - Adam?

or a different one?

JK Inferno
07-22-2009, 11:44 PM
Me - Adam?

or a different one?

me adam i think haha
nice to meet you btw, adam haha

ZooseJK
07-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Me - Adam?

or a different one?

Its inferno adam...we gotta get used to 2 adams!

JK Inferno
07-23-2009, 03:25 PM
haha sorry! i seem to always complicate things :innocent:

RubiJK
07-23-2009, 03:37 PM
haha sorry! i seem to always complicate things :innocent:

Are you a woman?? They do that same thing... :thefinger: :D

JK Inferno
07-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Are you a woman?? They do that same thing... :thefinger: :D

hahahaha yeah but in totally different ways. i just do it with my name, it always seems there is just one other adam :grinpimp:

opustm
07-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Well JK_Inferno Adam, for being a newb you did really really well. To bad they messed up the lift and you had that tire rub. Can't wait to see the pictures. For future reference there is some quick fun off mayo drive between tatum and scottsdale....some great MUD areas when it rains and some folks have built some fun hills, table tops, berms, as well as all the AWESOME ravines. If you want to go sometime i can show you around. IT is were i go when i need to wheel but only have like 30min and need to stay close to town (also where Moira first learned to handle the jeep)