DirtyDog 4X4 netting [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: DirtyDog 4X4 netting

Sandtoy
07-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Well I took the plunge and purchased this netting from DirtyDog 4X4, out of Canada. Yea I know I cannot stand on top of it, and I cannot pack my homes content on top either, but that is not why I purchased it. I also spent allot less.

Installed over the weekend and it has already done its job saving a shirt and hat.

Installation was straight forward and took 20 minutes or so. I needed some additional time as I have a deck built in and had to secure the sides a little differently than the instructions. Un-noticeable even at highway speeding.

Grommets are all uniform and tight. Have to see how they weather and I need to get some UV protectant on the webbing. Overall I am happy and they were great to deal with.

Couple pics attached: Will take some more when the rain stops.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/sandtoy_jk/mods/DSCN2206.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/sandtoy_jk/mods/DSCN2206.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/sandtoy_jk/mods/DSCN2200.jpg

spillidge
07-21-2009, 12:12 PM
The nets look good!

One question, do the side get secured under the "rail"? On a stock installation, can you have the rear windows in the jeep and the netting still secured?

Sandtoy
07-21-2009, 01:07 PM
The sides attach to the roll bar. They usually attach to the bottom and I needed to attach at the top of the roll bar.

Yes the top goes up with this on with no interference.

Can snap some inside with the top up pics tomorrow.

Grant211
07-21-2009, 04:23 PM
looks good, but man how many people are creating these nettings? I can think of 4 off the top of my head. I guess there is a real demand for them

Mule'Con
07-23-2009, 05:11 PM
looks good, but man how many people are creating these nettings? I can think of 4 off the top of my head. I guess there is a real demand for them

Its the prescious cargo that made me get a set-now the puppy can't sleuth his way out when I get out of the rig to check clearance, etc. So far he hasn't jumped, but loooks too close for my comfort at age 5mo. I went with the SafariStrap brand-love em!

karnuvore
07-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Im gonna get a set of safari straps soon. I am gettting them for no other reason at all than they look badass. I really have no use for them otherwise lol. I'm sure I'll strap a piece of camping gear to them one day and feel all justified - but they just look cool.

bluerubicon08
07-24-2009, 01:54 AM
Dude! They look Badd Ass!!:smokin:

spillidge
07-24-2009, 10:01 AM
The sides attach to the roll bar. They usually attach to the bottom and I needed to attach at the top of the roll bar.

Yes the top goes up with this on with no interference.

Can snap some inside with the top up pics tomorrow.

Do the nets get secured under the "rail" where you snap the side windows in? I guess I just don't understand how the bottom of the nets are secured to the body.

Chris Hansen
07-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Im gonna get a set of safari straps soon. I am gettting them for no other reason at all than they look badass. I really have no use for them otherwise lol. I'm sure I'll strap a piece of camping gear to them one day and feel all justified - but they just look cool.

Yeah...we're doing a run with Hatch soon and I'm going to load up some backpacks with food supplies and medical gear and strap them to the back netting, just to see how much it will hold. The Safari Straps are really sturdy and I dig how strong and taught they feel on the back.

I even tossed my bag full of workout gear on it once (large duffle with my heavy brazilian kimono, mma gloves, boxing gloves, hand wraps, tiger balm, shorts, rash guard, bandages, 4 waters, 3 gatorades...you get it) and almost rolled right off it back to me. No sag what-so-ever.

sniper41
08-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Just saw this and I got their mesh safari top for the 4 dr. The great thing is that you don't need the header rail so you can leave it in place and put your top back up even if you're out and about and visa versa! I'll get some pics later, we have been real happy with the top so far!

Grant211
09-01-2009, 05:41 AM

ok, i just have to laugh... 1 month later i bought a set of wide straps from Safaristraps.

joePILE
09-01-2009, 06:14 AM
looks good, i like the eyes through each cross

Sandtoy
09-01-2009, 01:18 PM
looks good, i like the eyes through each cross

Thanks.

Very happy so far. I looked at the wider ones and decided 1.5" was wide enough for what I wanted and less restriction of sight. It was also a little less costly.

Sandtoy
09-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Grant211
looks good, but man how many people are creating these nettings? I can think of 4 off the top of my head. I guess there is a real demand for them.

I agree theres a growing number of vendors, but then again if there were only one vendor we would all have the same look.

Your right, apparently there is a bigger demand. The couple vendors I spoke with claim sales are continually increasing.

ok, i just have to laugh... 1 month later i bought a set of wide straps from Safaristraps.

I liked the 1.5" version and Dirty Dog sadd they would take it back, no questions asked, if I were not happy. I also personally did not want the driver cage covered and the price was right for me.

Hope you as happy with yours.