Hello from W MI [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Hello from W MI

TekWarren
02-09-2008, 05:29 PM
I don't want my first post to be a load of questions...so it will be my second!:grinpimp:

Well I'm "looking" at the wrangler unlimited's I'm not sure why exactly but the 4 door jeeps have grabbed my attention and I've tried NOT to fuel that flame but its a losing battle :) Never owned a Jeep before, and while I've enjoyed offroad/back woods touring I haven't really ever done hard core off road stuff.

A little info about me: I have been doing technology support for different public schools for a little around 11yrs or so. I do some webhosting on the side and actually started a car forum for my current car back in 2002 (won't give details as not to step on toes). I am a reptile freak and have been keeping/raising reptiles for years, mostly snakes.

...I like long walks on the beach...oh scratch that I'd rather take a trip on the motorcycle!

Anyway, questions to follow...and many answered before I even registered.

Great forum!

skibum
02-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Welcome from a fellow Michigan native. Born in Flint........raised in Frankenmuth. My JK Unlimited is my first Jeep. Had it about a year now and I can honestly say that I've never had more fun with any four wheeled vehicle. Normally I need to be on two wheels to be smiling this much. Go ahead, take the plunge. You won't regret it. :)

LSM
02-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I just picked up my '08 Rubicon 4 door Unlimited last week and have been able to wipe the smile off my face. You will love it.

BTW, I think you picked the best fourm here. I have been watching and reading the fourm since I ordered mine (3 months) and everyone here is supportive and willing to help.

TekWarren
02-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys! Just from my searching and browsing before I registered I could tell this was a great community.

TekWarren
02-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Well I've been to the dealer near work the last two days in a row. Today I drove home an unlimited x to present to the wife. She hopped right in and away we went. She seemed to to just "fit" and had no complaints...I have the green light! I was considering a more basic 6spd but to be fair the wife the auto is what we will go with if I get treated right with the financials. The X I drove home has the larger wheels and sits alot higher than I thought it would. I would be getting standard wheels/tires and probably no power group. The key factors for me are full metal doors, tow package (pop-up camper), and the 3.73 gears which seems to be the standard around here. With these basic features and the automatic I'm sitting around the 24k-25k range...hopefully they will offer a decent trade in for the car I will be giving up. If not I will probably have to wait and sell it myself.

It was funny how many people where checking out the jeep as i drove home and I even had one guy give us the "Jeep wave".

strobelpd
02-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Welcome and I hope you enjoy your jeep.

MichaelW
02-14-2008, 08:44 AM
Welcome to the forum.

TekWarren
02-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks Michael!

Well The possibility of signing is in the air today or tomorrow. I was a noob buying my first brand new car and didn't fight the price at all :shaking: So I'm playing hard ### this time and have a couple dealers working against each other price wise. One dealer near home that I have bought two dodges from and dealer near work where I just stopped in to look at the unlimited's.

I'm down to $21,500 with the things I listed above that I want equipped. I'm trying for 20, out the door...OR...between 20-21.5 with some upgrades. Waiting for calls, I guess time will tell if this happens or not!

TekWarren
02-16-2008, 01:37 PM
I sealed the deal today after a few rounds between dealers. I walked away pretty good I think:bounce: I will say since it seems there is very little room for price swaying that I got alot more out of my trade in than they wanted to give me. But my local dealer wanted to maintain my business so they did what they had to. I guess they just recently added the Jeeps the military discount so that was another automatic 500 off the price. I will be getting a black Unlimited X "c" package so it is pretty basic but I couldn't justify paying the extra 3k, I'll just have to get over not having keyless entry and I can upgrade the other things as needed. Anyway we nailed 19,900 out the door including an installed tow package so I'm pretty happy. By no later than Wednesday I will no longer be a "wanna be JK owner" :)

skibum
02-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Congrats!!! You're gonna love it! :)

bad day
02-16-2008, 07:55 PM
When my boys came along my 98 tj and 78 cj5 both hit the road(with someone else driving them). The day I saw the JK 4 door the decision was made. I just took a couple of months to get it done. I'm easy to spot.black 07 with 3 doors removed. I can't pull all 4 because my 2 year old can reach his seat belt now.

TekWarren
02-18-2008, 04:33 PM
No kids here...yet...but we have dogs and friends I like to have room for plus I haul computers and stuff around for work so the extra room is appealing to me.

So I changed my mind today with the dealer and went for the S package on the X...i figured i don't want to be wishing I had the power accessories which apparently you cannot add to the C package...plus you get a bunch of other goodies I won't have to be wishing for later. I should have the new rig by the weekend! I can't wait, we are getting snow again and just after freezing rain this weekend...good stuff!:shaking:

TekWarren
02-26-2008, 10:04 AM
I went on a short wooded drive on my parents farm Sunday to give my niece and nephew a ride in the Jeep. Nothing extreme only one incline that felt like nothing going up. I had my mom take a couple pictures of the Jeep posing on a small bridge over the creek:

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/gallery/files/8/8/9/S6301275_thumb.jpg (http://www.jkowners.com/forum/gallery/showimage.php?i=188&c=3)