Best dealer in NJ area [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Best dealer in NJ area

jeeperjkj
07-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Where's the best dealer in the McGuire AFB, NJ area? Looks like I'll be taking delivery of my Jeep up there and, though I'm not sure I'll have a choice of where to take delivery, I guess I still need to know where to take it for warranty work.

Looks like

Lucas Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Dodge Chrysler Jeep City
Reedman Toll Auto World
Toms River Jeep

are closest... in that order.

Any input?

Jaws
07-13-2009, 11:35 AM
I've only dealt with Lucas and just once at that. They seemed fine.

Mr. T
07-13-2009, 11:45 AM
I dealt with McDonough Jeep in East Brunswick more times than I care to admit to. had a good experience during the purchase (beat the senseless over price, and they caved). they did more warranty work than i ever would have imagined... even when it was CLEARLY my fault.

might be a bit far from you though, since i have never heard of any of the dealers you are mentioning...

rockredsahara
07-13-2009, 02:09 PM
I use Spirit Dodge/Jeep in Swedesboro(exit 10 off 295)

njjk08
07-15-2009, 10:45 AM
You can take toms river Jeep off your list.. Unless its just for service. Lucas is good. I've bought 3 jeeps from Seaview jeep though and I never have a problem with them.

tkob1060
07-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Lucas I would think is mod friendly, they are a sponsor of NJ jeep association, njjeep.org

jeeperjkj
07-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Looks like I'll be visiting Lucas first since they are closest to me and they seem to have a good rep here.

This first visit will be looking for a used (or new) vehicle for the wifey and scouting them out for service (if needed) for my JK.

Thanks all.

jeepersheart
07-23-2009, 07:43 PM
cant really speak for sales/service, but I know lucas jeep hosts an annual jeep event by NJJA I took the ride for this years and it was a great time even had a course set up out back of the dealership. The owner was helping to set up some of the obstacles with a ram 2500 with a plow. Dude even had one of his unlimited rubis out for spectators to test drive through the trail... complete with window sticker intact.

sniper41
07-24-2009, 07:22 PM
Yeah, if I were you from that area- McGuire- I'd go to Lucas Closest and you'll be able to take you NEW JEEP right out back and try it on their course!! It's a decent little run!!

jkruss
07-25-2009, 06:40 PM
Seaview is awesome its my 3rd jeep from them, no problems good prices

jeeperjkj
07-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Wow, you guys are makin' me wonder now. I just spent a few hours out of 2 days up there at Lucas Jeep (bought the WK from them) and had no clue they had a course out back.

Might have to head up that way after I get my Rubi to check it out. Might even see if the wifey wants to take it on in her WK to get her feet wet.

Just what exactly is it like? Simple? Will a WK make it through? Is it even gonna be worth the time in an Unlimited Rubi?

sniper41
07-28-2009, 03:47 PM
I ran it at our NJJA meet and greet. It was pretty decent and slick- some people got stuck and one guy somehow hit a tree!! It's not a "fast" or "long" course just something to try out and gives you a feel for what fun you can have out there! It's fun and I'd recomend running it if you can!

njjeepthing
08-06-2009, 05:08 PM
The Lucas course is only open for one of our events or if you go out with a salesman, best bet is to ask for Bob in service, he'll take ya out and show you course. We also run the course at our club meetings, which one happens to be next Wednesday night. Check out site for the info.

Service contact: Bob Bruce, sales Dan O.
Let me know if I can help any.

Jaws
08-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Went to Lucas with some issues with the soft top and cruise, they knew I was coming and they knew my issues one week prior. However when i came they had no parts and their soft top person was not available that day. Lucas was supposed to call me back after they ordered parts to fix my soft top and cruise. Never heard from them again....

For what it's worth, that was 3 weeks ago.

njjeepthing
08-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Went to Lucas with some issues with the soft top and cruise, they knew I was coming and they knew my issues one week prior. However when i came they had no parts and their soft top person was not available that day. Lucas was supposed to call me back after they ordered parts to fix my soft top and cruise. Never heard from them again....

For what it's worth, that was 3 weeks ago.

I know they are having issues getting simple parts from Jeep due to the whole bankruptcy / Fiat ordeal. They have had a Chrysler in the shop for weeks waiting for a part they just can't get.

If I were you, I would call Bob Bruce directly, he is the service manager, if he doesn't come through for you, Dan O is the general Manager, give he a call. Lucas is a new Jeep dealer as of Jan '09, they are trying hard to earn Jeep business.

Jaws
08-06-2009, 06:48 PM
I know they are having issues getting simple parts from Jeep due to the whole bankruptcy / Fiat ordeal. They have had a Chrysler in the shop for weeks waiting for a part they just can't get.

If I were you, I would call Bob Bruce directly, he is the service manager, if he doesn't come through for you, Dan O is the general Manager, give he a call. Lucas is a new Jeep dealer as of Jan '09, they are trying hard to earn Jeep business.

Gotcha, thanks for the info.

njjeepthing
08-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Gotcha, thanks for the info.

No problem anytime, Lucas is also a sponsor of the club. We get some nice discounts on parts and labor if your a member.