Table Mesa 7-12 [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Table Mesa 7-12

axsys
07-09-2009, 01:10 PM
For those not going on the Crown King run, feel free to join us at Table Mesa this Sunday. Airdown is at 7am.

BLK RUBI ON 40s
07-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Im probaly, likely, almost definitely, for sure thinking about going:smokin:

JohnnyRubicon
07-09-2009, 01:20 PM
I'd be in if I did not already commit to go on a ride with my pops to Payson. Need to balance Motorcycles and Jeeps, lately it’s been wheeling 95%, riding 5%.

Dave and I will be out at Lower Sycamore on Saturday, probably going to run squeeze depending on how washed out the entrance is. We were planning on meeting up at the QT on Ellsworth and University at 7am; it is about 15 min from the trail.

BTW – As we speak Joe and the boys at Absolute are putting my RK 3.5” on. Couldn’t sleep last night I felt like a kid on Christmas Eve.

hidX
07-09-2009, 01:40 PM
I'd be in if I did not already commit to go on a ride with my pops to Payson. Need to balance Motorcycles and Jeeps, lately it’s been wheeling 95%, riding 5%.

Dave and I will be out at Lower Sycamore on Saturday, probably going to run squeeze depending on how washed out the entrance is. We were planning on meeting up at the QT on Ellsworth and University at 7am; it is about 15 min from the trail.

BTW – As we speak Joe and the boys at Absolute are putting my RK 3.5” on. Couldn’t sleep last night I felt like a kid on Christmas Eve.

Man that lift is sweet, and Joe is Da Man. I cant wait to see you in action with it!

ZooseJK
07-09-2009, 02:10 PM
I cant wait to see you in action with it!

Thats what she said! :thefinger:

hidX
07-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Thats what she said! :thefinger:

Too bad SHE didnt say that to YOU! :thefinger:

RokNRich
07-09-2009, 02:17 PM
I seen weather reports for 115 this weekend.............you guys are nutz.

axsys
07-09-2009, 02:36 PM

Its Arizona, thats nothin new to us. :)

Chris, what 3.5" RK kit did you get?

ZooseJK
07-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Too bad SHE didnt say that to YOU! :thefinger:

Damn you must have talked to her!!

hidX
07-09-2009, 03:08 PM

That is exactly what is holding me back.

Pool/Margarita/chick in bikini vs. wheeling/sweating, overheating???

And I am way too much of a pussy to get up at 4am to wheel when its only in the 90s!

JeepyJeep
07-09-2009, 03:30 PM
That is exactly what is holding me back.

Pool/Margarita/chick in bikini vs. wheeling/sweating, overheating???

And I am way too much of a pussy to get up at 4am to wheel when its only in the 90s!

You forgot the hornets...I'll be at airdown @ 7, but no one said anything about being up. Then headin' to hidX's crib to check out that Margarita chick in a bikini.:grinpimp:

RokNRich
07-09-2009, 03:50 PM
We're doing a night run Saturday night, we wheeled last Sunday and it was 108 when we got back to pavement.....115 is nutz, I'll say it again.......you guys ever come out to FJ let me know........:)

JeepyJeep
07-09-2009, 03:55 PM
We're doing a night run Saturday night, we wheeled last Sunday and it was 108 when we got back to pavement.....115 is nutz, I'll say it again.......you guys ever come out to FJ let me know........:)

Only got out to FJ once, Upper Woodpecker. Was fun but want to give Ajax a shot. Heard Lower is easier than Upper, also have heard that Elvis is a fun trail. Not sure me or Jeep are ready for that one.

RokNRich
07-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Only got out to FJ once, Upper Woodpecker. Was fun but want to give Ajax a shot. Heard Lower is easier than Upper, also have heard that Elvis is a fun trail. Not sure me or Jeep are ready for that one.

Upper Woody is fun, lower Ajax is lame, but there are a couple of obstacles I'll hit just off the road if I'm running other trails in the area. Upper Ajax is a bit harder, your big azz school bus might end up leaving some paint as it's tight in a few sections, but Elvis would be perfect for you/your rig :beer:

JeepyJeep
07-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Upper Woody is fun, lower Ajax is lame, but there are a couple of obstacles I'll hit just off the road if I'm running other trails in the area. Upper Ajax is a bit harder, your big azz school bus might end up leaving some paint as it's tight in a few sections, but Elvis would be perfect for you/your rig :beer:

Ya I keep hearing that the Un(limo)ted's abundant wheelbase is better for climbing. I was at Moab last month and the longer wheelbase was nice on Fins & Things. Only trail I got to run, due to technical difficulties.

Elvis is definitely on my "to do" list. Just hope they don't get any ideas about closing it down before I shag my arse down there.

steves07jk
07-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Where you guys wheeling sat night? I might be downfor a night run. I work sat during the day.

JohnnyRubicon
07-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Its Arizona, thats nothin new to us. :)

Chris, what 3.5" RK kit did you get?

The Draw run got me wanting a lift bad so I went with the 3.5" mid arm.

New Coils, Shocks, endlinks, lowers, front trac and rear bracket, brake lines, etc

I love it just need new boots now. :mr-t:

Jason - Joe and Ryan were talking about how my undercarriage is the worst they have seen as far as scraping and dents and I said that is because they haven't seen yours yet. :trooper: Although either have I, just imagining based on what you told me you did stock and comparing to mine. :)

jdemonto
07-09-2009, 11:01 PM
When I drunk in CK and its nice and cool, I will be thinking of you guys runnin TM! LOL....maybe I'm getting older but its too hot to wheel down here in the summer....night runs I can do just a bit burnt on them right now.

Jason

BLK RUBI ON 40s
07-12-2009, 03:56 PM
I posted this in our BS section but here it is again. Thanks Cameron and Jan for coming and wheeling like pros. These runs never cease to impress me. And after today, I am concidering quiting my job and bein a permanant jeep spotter... haha You think that would fly with christy? :smokin: http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t=93537

owtdorz
07-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Jason - Joe and Ryan were talking about how my undercarriage is the worst they have seen as far as scraping and dents and I said that is because they haven't seen yours yet. :trooper: Although either have I, just imagining based on what you told me you did stock and comparing to mine. :)
I just looked at yours.
Your skids look new compaired to mine.

JohnnyRubicon
07-13-2009, 01:11 PM
I just looked at yours.
Your skids look new compaired to mine.

Liar....;)

Hey I need to get these weird fender bolts I broke one taking out my side markers that I royal messed up trying to black out.

What did you think of the lift? See ya in about 45

owtdorz
07-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Liar....;)

Hey I need to get these weird fender bolts I broke one taking out my side markers that I royal messed up trying to black out.

What did you think of the lift? See ya in about 45

See you then.
You definately need wheels or spacers.

JohnnyRubicon
07-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Yeh I know, I noticed that I was rubbing the lowers up front, who knows where else I have not looked that close since I have only had it on for a few days.

By this weekend I should have new wheels with only 4.5 BS and 35s. No more inspector gadget mobile for me

hidX
07-13-2009, 02:04 PM

They have seen mine plenty of times... Maybe it was so horrible they have blocked it from their minds! :bawling:

I remember the first time Ryan put it up on the lift, his jaw hit the ground and he turned to me and said... I WANNA WHEEL WITH YOU! Haha! That was the same time that Joe said, HEY WHY DOES YOUR FRONT AXLE LOOK LIKE ITS SMILING AT ME?? :shaking: Both front housing... bent!

Good thing I've mellowed out in my old age and dont abuse my rig quite as bad anymore! :smokin:

Anyway, looking forward to seeing your rig on Sat... and glad you are getting new shoes so it doesnt look like a roller skate!

By the way, great pics of TM guys!