got kicked out of a mall [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: got kicked out of a mall

BiGEN
07-03-2009, 05:25 PM
well i was shopping in the mall today.. went into the dicks sporting good got my ammo.. and went and put that in the jeep.. then went back in to get some clothes.. well i stopped by a glasses store looked at some things there.. and then went and bought some shorts... well i walked into this one store to see a friend.. well after 5 mins in there.. i went to walk out and there were 2 security guards telling me i cant carry my gun in here and i had to leave.. i told them i didnt see anywhere on the doors saying i couldnt carry my weapon.. so they walk me out and show me this one sign near this bar on the back side where no one ever comes in at saying i was on private property and couldnt carry a gun.. i walked out said ok. whatever.. then walked back to where i walked in to the main entrance.. i looked for a sign or something to say u couldnt carry a weapon.. and i didnt see any so i went to find another security guard and tell him u dont have a sign at the main entrance of the mall telling me i couldnt carry a weapon.. well the guy got ****ty with me and told me if i dont leave now they would call the police.. well i said **** it and left..

just for a side note.. this mall has a lot of gang problems and not even the security officers there carry a weapon. and these gang people can walk up and pull a gun on anyone.. so i see it like this.. im not gonna trust the security officers to stop these gang people.. so thats why i carry mine where ever i go..

another note.. i havent had a chance to get my CHP yet.. so i am still OCing.

venom
07-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Might wanna check law specifics
Here in TX open carry is illegal and concealed req's a permit
of course there are a lot of places you arent allowed to carry - bars, hospitals, etc.
But unless a place isn't categorically denied, for a biz owner to make it so you cant carry there, there has to be a very specific sign.
The wording, the size, the placement all have to meet exact regs or you can ignore it.

On a side note - thats freakin lame!

BiGEN
07-03-2009, 05:52 PM
well in VA we have a open carrying law.

the funny thing is. u can OC in a bar but u cant CHP in a bar. and this is if ur not drinking.

Mikey's Rubi
07-06-2009, 06:44 AM
write a letter to the mall management...people don't do that anymore.

ccdjeep
07-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Man thats stupid. I can't understand people's logic for banning firearms. Somebody thats going to do harm isn't going to give a rip about the ban anyway...I think if everyone just open carried that would be deterrent enough stop the public shooting sprees these idiots go on.

styx
07-06-2009, 12:36 PM
A public place has to have CLEAR signs posted on all entrys. Like jewlrey stores for example always have it posted. A mall your allowed unless its owned by ONE owner or a board and they vote on it. You can cary in a resturant/bar as long as your not AT the bar. Or drinking.

You just happened to be picked on by your local rent a cop, they knew the laws and took you to the (Yes bar door) and told you to bug out. Avoid this by carrying conceal and (Do it right) no one will ever know.

but never risk your life or that of loved ones worried about getting the boot.
I always carry and its saved my life. one day it will save yours.

BiGEN
07-07-2009, 12:15 AM
thanks for agreeing everyone.. im getting my CHP very soon

Bigjerm
07-07-2009, 04:54 AM
A public place has to have CLEAR signs posted on all entrys. Like jewlrey stores for example always have it posted. A mall your allowed unless its owned by ONE owner or a board and they vote on it. You can cary in a resturant/bar as long as your not AT the bar. Or drinking.

You just happened to be picked on by your local rent a cop, they knew the laws and took you to the (Yes bar door) and told you to bug out. Avoid this by carrying conceal and (Do it right) no one will ever know.

but never risk your life or that of loved ones worried about getting the boot.
I always carry and its saved my life. one day it will save yours.

The laws are different in every state but for the most part this is true. I know here in GA you can carry a lot of places now except public gatherings with X (dont remember how many) people attending, to bars where more than 50% of revenue is alcohol sales, ect. I solved any of my issues by becoming a LEO :D

gold knight
07-07-2009, 11:46 AM
I've noticed a lot more people around here open carrying lately. Not sure if some are plain clothes detectives or just exercising the right.The laws are different in every state but for the most part this is true. I know here in GA you can carry a lot of places now except public gatherings with X (dont remember how many) people attending, to bars where more than 50% of revenue is alcohol sales, ect. I solved any of my issues by becoming a LEO :DHaha, great way to solve any carry restrictions. Is this a new development or have you been in LE for a while?

Congrats and be safe.

RotorHead
07-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Is this a new development or have you been in LE for a while?

Congrats and be safe.

He's a brand new rookie, still wet behind the ears. :D

OneCav
07-08-2009, 07:56 AM
We had a problem with gang members in a Mall here. Rather than harass law abiding citizens the city put Police Officers in the mall. They ran out the gang bangers and left the honest citizens alone. I went in there all the time with my pistol on me and never got bothered about it. This is where a lot of these places make their mistake. If they told me I couldn't carry a firearm in there I'd never patron their businesses again and I'd make sure to tell a lot of other people not to patron them as well. The solution is not to punish good citizens.

Zachcreek
07-17-2009, 07:24 AM
When seconds count, the police will be there in 30 minutes....