Reno Run Feb 9th [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Reno Run Feb 9th

1TallJKer
01-31-2008, 08:54 AM
We're trying to put together a run in Reno through Cold Springs Valley Feb 9th.

Who's interested?

It'll probably be a fairly mild run, stock with decent tires should be fine. But with the snow it could get interesting.

We're planning to meet at Bordertown, run through the valley, up over the hills and drop down onto Red Rock.

gcg
01-31-2008, 11:01 AM
I would be interested. My work schedule is quite variable right now but if I'm not tied up at that time, it sounds like fun.

1TallJKer
02-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Still planning to go. :bounce:
Trying to determine when and where and who. Have a couple of people from the OTHER forum who are interested in going.

MichaelW
02-06-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm a definate maybe at the moment. I'm still cleaning up from my fire and rebuilding/restoring data.

Sometimes I really miss the days of DOS.

I would like to go but my plate is overflowing. As usual.:shaking:

gcg
02-06-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm a definite maybe, too. I have a friend flying in on Thursday and he isn't sure yet whether he's leaving Friday or Saturday.

What is the trail like and do you know how much snow there may be?

1TallJKer
02-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Due to several people with prior commitments, we've moved the run to Sunday. Probably meet at 9am or 10 am. We'll meet at the Bordertown Gas Station on the East side of 395.

The last time out, the trail wasn't too bad, muddy in spots, and plenty of snow, we actually ended up turning back because we just couldn't get through. This time though, there's probably going to be plenty of mud and probably less snow. National Weather Service is saying possible rain Sat. night and Sun. highs near 50 through the weekend. Should be fun.

There are several guys from Reno4x4.com who say they're interested in going as well.

DOS was fun, like Linux and MacOS X much better though:grinpimp:

1TallJKer
02-07-2008, 07:43 PM
We'll be meeting Sunday the 10th at 10am in the Bordertown parking lot. Some of the people plan on being there around 9am for breakfast.

Hope to see you guys there, it looks to be a large group. If everyone who expressed interest shows up, we're looking at 21+ rigs :smokin:

PM me if you're going to go so we don't take off without you.:D

OnAll4s
02-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Just found this hiding spot for posting runs! Can't make it this Sunday, but will keep an eye out for the next one now that I know where to look. Hopefully I'll have tires and lift installed by then! Have fun and post some pics after!