Installed -- Nth Degree 4.5" [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Installed -- Nth Degree 4.5"

MaloCS
06-27-2009, 08:26 PM
I finally got the Nth Degree 4.5" Premium kit installed on my JK Unlimited running 35" tires. I opted to install Teraflex lower adjustable arms instead of the OEM arms and cam bolts. There were several reasons I decided on the adjustable arms over the cam bolts: (I know there are more benefits but the following three items are the primary reasons I went with adjustable arms)

Offers more precision for adjusting caster and pinion angles.
Less stress on the arm mounting locations due to the flexible joint.
Only paid $100 brand new for the set from a local dealership being axed by Chrysler.

So far she runs great on the street and easily outperforms the older Rancho kit I had for the last year. The Nth kit has much less body roll and handles potholes, round-a-bouts and corners much better. The Nth kit is pretty stiff but I can't say if that's an attribute of the kit or if it just feels that way because of how soft the Rancho kit was. Since the install is only two days old I haven't had a chance to get her on the trail. As it stands now the earliest that looks to happen is mid July which sucks as I'm itching really bad to get out. Unfortunately I need to play nice with the wife since she graciously gave her blessing on the expenditure. This means I'm now obligated to doing a few weekends worth of wifely activities. :D

Keep in mind that I went with the Nth kit to solve what I believed to be some excessive body roll issues with the Rancho kit that surfaced after I installed the Gobi rack. For the record the Rancho kit ran great with minimal body roll before the Gobi rack was installed but after it was installed it became apparent that I took the kit past it's capabilities and what it was designed for. The Nth kit does not seem like it's affected by the Gobi rack which I believe is due to the engineering solutions to the center of gravity issue.

The Rancho kit was also affected by the extra weight I started adding to the JK. Over time I noticed that the more weight I added the more my baby started sagging. When I was grilling Jim at AEV about the Nth's engineering I specifically asked him about weight capability issues. After providing him some specific numbers he informed me that the weight I was running was almost exactly what they designed the kit to handle. Go figure, another bonus. :)

http://www.malocs.com/JK/images/forums/ranchoSport.jpg

http://www.malocs.com/JK/images/forums/NthDegree.jpg

I'm also seriously thinking of adding the ORO SwayLOC (manual version) dual rate sway bar to my JK. I like the idea of the added stability while off road and an OEM rated sway bar while on road. I'm just a little leery of the quality and durability of the product. I've read some horror stories and I've also read some glowing recommendations. I want the product but I'm scared to pull the trigger so please feel free to offer any experiences and tid bits of info you have.

If you have specific questions please ask and I'll do my best to answer them. :)

voodoojk
06-29-2009, 01:24 PM
THUMBS UP!!

LOOKS GREAT

nightcrawler
06-30-2009, 02:55 AM
Two-thumbs up. I dig the black-out wheels.

mtnmedic
06-30-2009, 03:06 PM
looks great...I am starting to wish i had gone with the AEV 3.5" premium system instead of the OME hybrid kit.

rubirobv
06-30-2009, 06:40 PM
Two-thumbs up. I dig the black-out wheels.

MaloCS, The extra lift looks good. Seems you did your research. Nice job :beer:

Nightcrawler, welcome to JKO , from another resident of the cultural center of the universe. We have three livermore residents on the forum. :beer: