Gas cap. [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Gas cap.

Slimjim
01-27-2008, 09:42 PM
The stant parts number for the gas cap is 10838, just incase you need it, like i did. Had to buy a new gas cap today, lost the original one somewhere, gas station didnt have it. Is there any reason why jeep didnt include a peice to anchor the gas cap to the fill hole? Anything we can do about this? I dont want to lose another one :P Would a small peice of steel cable work here? Any other ideas?

tiny
01-27-2008, 09:54 PM
The stant parts number for the gas cap is 10838, just incase you need it, like i did. Had to buy a new gas cap today, lost the original one somewhere, gas station didnt have it. Is there any reason why jeep didnt include a peice to anchor the gas cap to the fill hole? Anything we can do about this? I dont want to lose another one :P Would a small peice of steel cable work here? Any other ideas?

mate the Australian ones are anchored so there is a part avalible for it mine is a crd but it shouldnt be a diferent filler neck

nam6869usmc
01-28-2008, 05:00 AM
mate the Australian ones are anchored so there is a part avalible for it mine is a crd but it shouldnt be a diferent filler neck

Mines anchored ,.....yours should of been unless they changed it.

John L
01-28-2008, 05:56 AM
Mine was anchored until I put a locker on it.

seer
01-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Mine was anchored too until I put a locker on it. Then I misplaced the key and found I could take the nonlocking one off in ten seconds and the locking one off in fifteen (with no key.) :pissed: Now my non-locked one is anchored again.

John L
01-28-2008, 01:09 PM
Mine was anchored too until I put a locker on it. Then I misplaced the key and found I could take the nonlocking one off in ten seconds and the locking one off in fifteen (with no key.) :pissed: Now my non-locked one is anchored again.

Prybar? Excessive hand pressure whilst turning? What's the trick so I can test mine.

venom
01-28-2008, 01:14 PM
yup, mine is tethered too

H2OBob
01-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Prybar? Excessive hand pressure whilst turning? What's the trick so I can test mine.

Just push on it while turning. It will get enough grip to unscrew. Locks only keep the honest folks out, anyway.