Poison Spyder JK body armor [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Poison Spyder JK body armor

Alec W
01-25-2008, 06:47 PM
For letting PSC use my Jeep of a couple of days they gave me some body armor. Iím not sure I would have got these before I saw them but now I have them I think they look great, and will add protection. A nice upgrade and they are well built.

These are PSCís pics of my Jeep.

https://www.spydercustoms.com/RockerKnockers/images/jkimage3_green_bodyarmour_lg.jpg

https://www.spydercustoms.com/RockerKnockers/images/jkimage2_green_bodyarmour_lg.jpg

https://www.spydercustoms.com/RockerKnockers/images/jkimage1_green_bodyarmour_lg.jpg

Angryitch
01-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Man, those are nice... Not sure how'd they look on my black JK, would have to place some type of colored insert (red ?? white ??) behind the "spyder"... I see at least 13 points of attachment to the body. Safe to say it's solid...

jeffmarion
01-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Very nice....., that's all I need, to add more weight to the pig :)

You didn't happen to ask them when the rear tube fenders are going to be released, if at all? :)

Alec W
01-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Man, those are nice... Not sure how'd they look on my black JK, would have to place some type of colored insert

Check their web site. They sell them for $255 bare steel and you could paint them a pewter color or something and I bet they would look nice. Iíd link to their site but itís retarded you canít link to specific pages.
https://www.spydercustoms.com/index2.php then click on components -> Rocker knockers -> JK -> scroll down to body armor. They make better off-road gear than web sites :D

Alec W
01-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Very nice....., that's all I need, to add more weight to the pig :)

You didn't happen to ask them when the rear tube fenders are going to be released, if at all? :)

I didnít think about it. I expect they are though.

extrication
01-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Sweet! Looks great on the green.

a plumber
01-25-2008, 11:38 PM
looks good!

stewp97
01-26-2008, 06:23 AM
I really like the black look on your jeep. Congrads on the freebie! Now you just need the front bumper/fender combo :D

peter

PhilD
01-26-2008, 09:13 AM
Looks great. I love that spider logo :smokin::smokin::smokin:

md_rubi
01-26-2008, 11:53 AM
When I ordered my Fenders, I ask about the rear fenders. They stated the rear fenders should be available around april

PUDDLZ
01-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Tube Fenders//////They are taking orders now for mid Feb production, I've got on the ordering list.

jdemonto
01-28-2008, 08:34 AM
I like them!!! Did you PC or paint your AEV wheels??

Jason

Alec W
01-28-2008, 09:12 AM
I like them!!! Did you PC or paint your AEV wheels??

Jason

No they are the argent color. I use black lug nuts and rattle canned the center cap black and that seemed to make them look darker.

jdemonto
01-28-2008, 02:21 PM
I am thinking of getting a black set and using red BL rings.....

Either PC or rattle can them...although after buying new wheels it may be hard to break out a rattle can on them!

Jason

Alec W
01-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Iím going to start ordering everything I can bare steel and rattle can everything. Iím getting pretty good at spraying with cans and good enamel seems to hold up well enough. Once youíve picked your favorite type of paint, touch up after the inevitable dings on the trails is easy and everything will match.

jkdrone
06-06-2008, 10:29 AM
How long did it take to get your armor? I put my order in in March, and have yet to receive anything. Two weeks ago it was "on its way to powder coating now". They originally said 5 weeks, but, sheesh, it's going on 12!

(Seriously, I've got some dents to cover up, and won't be able to get my rails until these come in and get on there.)

(Edit: nevermind, I just saw that yours were free... Grr. I really hope mine get here before summer is over.)

!c

NE Wrangling
06-06-2008, 10:39 AM
For letting PSC use my Jeep of a couple of days they gave me some body armor. Iím not sure I would have got these before I saw them but now I have them I think they look great, and will add protection. A nice upgrade and they are well built.

These are PSCís pics of my Jeep.

https://www.spydercustoms.com/RockerKnockers/images/jkimage3_green_bodyarmour_lg.jpg

https://www.spydercustoms.com/RockerKnockers/images/jkimage2_green_bodyarmour_lg.jpg

https://www.spydercustoms.com/RockerKnockers/images/jkimage1_green_bodyarmour_lg.jpg

I really like the look of their stuff but in New England anytime you expose the metal (drilling) your looking for rust come winter time. I nicked the paint and bam rust. To much salt on the roads here. If they come out with a version that doesn't go into the body people wouldn't look back. done on rant

Prope
06-06-2008, 10:39 AM
How long did it take to get your armor? I put my order in in March, and have yet to receive anything. Two weeks ago it was "on its way to powder coating now". They originally said 5 weeks, but, sheesh, it's going on 12!

(Seriously, I've got some dents to cover up, and won't be able to get my rails until these come in and get on there.)

(Edit: nevermind, I just saw that yours were free... Grr. I really hope mine get here before summer is over.)

!c

My dad ordered his rockers in February and they still haven't come... the current date he has is June 8th... but we're not holding our breath though.

NE Wrangling
06-06-2008, 11:47 AM
I ordered from atoz fabrication and honestly it's been 8 weeks and they said they will not ship until end of next week. They had a production issue but I will say they do not call to tell you so get on the phone and make sure your not forgotten.

jkdrone
06-06-2008, 11:54 AM
I really like the look of their stuff but in New England anytime you expose the metal (drilling) your looking for rust come winter time. I nicked the paint and bam rust. To much salt on the roads here. If they come out with a version that doesn't go into the body people wouldn't look back. done on rant

Why not put a little RTV, or touch up w/ the factory paint over the holes to cover the edges? I say this because I get a lot of little scratches that rust real fast down here (say, on the salty beach almost every weekend) - I just keep any bare metal touched up, and in general have had little problems.

I am nervous about drilling, but mostly 'cos I tend to have trouble getting things lined up perfectly =)

!c

terrahawk
06-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Why not put a little RTV, or touch up w/ the factory paint over the holes to cover the edges? I say this because I get a lot of little scratches that rust real fast down here (say, on the salty beach almost every weekend) - I just keep any bare metal touched up, and in general have had little problems.

I am nervous about drilling, but mostly 'cos I tend to have trouble getting things lined up perfectly =)

!c

Dude is your stuff still at the powder coaters?

jkdrone
06-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Dude is your stuff still at the powder coaters?

That's what they said, they must be cooking it with a little blowtorch =)

!c

PUDDLZ
06-08-2008, 11:22 AM
My Front & back ORE Proto type are on.