Shrockworks Rear Stubby Bumper w/ Tire Carrier (finally) [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Shrockworks Rear Stubby Bumper w/ Tire Carrier (finally)

4x4LOYR
06-18-2009, 10:11 PM
So, after waiting some 9+ months, today (06/18 -- one day before Big Bear Forest Fest), my Schrockworks Rear Stubby Bumper with Tire Carrier shows up in my driveway.

Here's some quick photos:

My helpers removing the stock rear bumper:
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh227/tycarss/IMG_0070.jpg

The 7-y.o. carrying away the old bumper . . . good thing I didn't get in an accident with that cheap-a$s piece of plastic.
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh227/tycarss/IMG_0074.jpg

The bumper is on (oh, they forgot to package my rear back-up lights . . . but I was too anxious to get the dumb thing, so I installed the bumper anyways. It is going to be a HUGE pain in the a$s to install those lights after the fact.)
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh227/tycarss/IMG_0083.jpg

The 4 1/2-y.o. is all tuckered-out after working on the bumper install (of course, his tool of choice is always a hammer.)
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh227/tycarss/IMG_0084.jpg

The tire carrier is installed:
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh227/tycarss/IMG_0098.jpg

And, finally back to having a spare tire out back.
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh227/tycarss/IMG_0101.jpg

So, what else did they forget to send me: some hardware, the license-plate light and wiring (I already had some so no big deal), and the some angled platforms to mount things like ammo cans and such . . .

Ty....

WTF_LOL
06-18-2009, 10:14 PM
That is awesome you had your kids help. So many peopl tell thier kids they can watch or to stay out the way.

That has got to be a life long memor created right there that will influence the way they see some things for life!

Right on man

Ogie
06-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Sweet lookin' bumper, Ty. I wouldn't mind just having the bumper part sans the tire carrier (I already have the Or-Fab tire carrier), but I wouldn't have the patience to wait 9 months.

4x4LOYR
06-18-2009, 10:28 PM
That is awesome you had your kids help. So many peopl tell thier kids they can watch or to stay out the way.

That has got to be a life long memor created right there that will influence the way they see some things for life!

Right on man

Thanks, man. My two boys love hanging out in the garage and *helping* as musch as they can. The 4+ year old will climb up and get into an engine bay if you aren't keeping an eye on him. This past Sunday my older son turned 7. He wanted tools for his birthday; so, tools are what he got. His name is "Torin" and it so happens that "Torin" is also a tool/jack company that makes toolboxes that they sell at Pep-Boys (not great quality, but how cool is it to have your name on your own toolbox at 7 years old?)

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh227/tycarss/IMG_0107.jpg

So, I found the last red "Torin" toolbox (it became a clearnace item) in all of the San Diego area and gave it to him for his birthday. He keeps his tools and the R/C Losi Mini Rock Crawler in the toolbox.

Ty...

4x4LOYR
06-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Sweet lookin' bumper, Ty. I wouldn't mind just having the bumper part sans the tire carrier (I already have the Or-Fab tire carrier), but I wouldn't have the patience to wait 9 months.

Thanks, Rob. It is a super great bumper . . . but it was a l-o-n-g wait. Not sure I'd do it again . . . oh, maybe. Anyhow, tomorrow, before heading up to Big Bear, I'm going to install the cooler rack and maybe a jerry-can mount (to put my CO2 tank on it.

Although, I am not looking forward to partially un-installing the bumper to stick those darn reverse lights in.

WTF_LOL
06-18-2009, 10:35 PM
how long was your wait?

4x4LOYR
06-18-2009, 10:44 PM
how long was your wait?

I ordered my set of bumpers around the first week of September 2008 . . . the front bumper came a few months ago . . . the rear showed up today . . .

MaRShiN
06-18-2009, 10:52 PM
thats such bull****. I have their front stubby and it is good quality but that kind of wait time and STILL missing shxt after 9 months is just bad. Very bad. Not going to compete with anyone with wait times like that.

yoda13
06-18-2009, 11:44 PM
thats such bull****. I have their front stubby and it is good quality but that kind of wait time and STILL missing shxt after 9 months is just bad. Very bad. Not going to compete with anyone with wait times like that.

maybe, but they seem to have more business than they can handle and its not letting up...I don't like the wait time either, but it doesn't seem to be hurting their business much...

PUDDLZ
06-19-2009, 05:54 AM
Looks great TY

For the most part my findings have been on the JK items has been to be patient, looks well worth the wait, now you can put it to the test this weekend,do you have the same front bumper???

SRTpusher
06-19-2009, 09:41 AM

the wait time is the reason that other companies are getting into the market. i have seen shrock stuff and it looks great, but i like the one i bought for $200 less and got within a week...

scottyp
06-19-2009, 10:04 AM
bumper looks sweet but that is pretty bad as far as waiting that long and not getting everything. Your tail lights are sweet tho. never seen any like that howd you do it/get them

Riverkid
06-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Pretty pimp, Ty...:smokin::smokin::smokin:

gold knight
06-19-2009, 11:02 AM
After just finishing the read this morning about your wait, it was cool to see it installed.:beer: And x2 great work with the boys. When I got married my youngest stepson and nephew were already 15ish. They didn't have any interest in wrenching and I didn't push them.:homersimpson: Now guess who they come to for ALL their repairs:bawling:

karnuvore
06-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Looks good. That said, no way in hell I'd ever order anything from a company that sucks that bad at sending the product on time and WITH all the components. I actually just scrolled up to make sure I dont do business w/ them - had to get the name right. lol

My son "helps" me change the differential fluid. It's hilarious to watch him freak out over the "guts" inside the jeep. He's a great screw-hander-toer though.

4x4LOYR
06-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Well, loaded the new rear bumper and cooler rack up this past weekend and hit the trails at Big Bear Forest Fest with some JKO members -- and, the bumper was awesome. It held everything I needed, it took a lickin' there on Mottino Wash (all kinds of battle scars already), it did its job when I had to be pulled backwards, and it still looks great.

Loving it so far. The cooler rack & bumper are gonna get another test this week when my two boys and I set off on our adventure to San Fran this Wednesday morning. Wed night we're staying and playing at Pismo (well, Oceano Dunes SVRA) and maybe Thurs; but we need to hit Monterey Bay, Santa Cruz and Big Sur all before Friday afternoon. Then it will be 2 1/2 days in San Francisco for a memorial. Hope the bumper/rack can hold all the necessary crap -- we've only got a 2-door.