install help [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: install help

scottyp
06-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Whithin the next couple months I plan to be putting on a TF 4" 4 arm lift 35s and wheels. I was wondering if anyone in the northern/mid florida area would be willing to help me do my install. I'm not very experienced with this type of work but I know how to work with tools and I pick up things quickly. Just trying to get an idea of where people are and if anyone would willing/wanting to help

Big A
06-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Did you see the thread with the FT control arms for sale? Good deal,IMO

Edit, looks like they sold.

scottyp
06-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Are they sold haha?

rooster
06-15-2009, 05:54 AM
What part of Northern/Mid Florida are you in? One of the great things about joining the and attending the Mid Florida Jeep Club is we love working on each others Jeeps. We always have install party's.

scottyp
06-15-2009, 08:02 AM
I'm in gainesville. Where you guys located?

rooster
06-15-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm in gainesville. Where you guys located?

Deland/Daytona area. Im sure we could still help a JKO guy out. Milgre?

smokey
06-15-2009, 06:22 PM
I would help but I'm down south. If you happen to plan to do it on one of my many trips to Ocala I might be able to lend a hand.

scottyp
06-15-2009, 08:29 PM
daytona isnt that far and id appreciate help if ur willing and smokey if you happened to be in ocala sometime around when i plan tahts be sweet if not i go to college in gainesville but im from ft myers(south of sarasota/tampa) and idk where your located but if its around there that could work to. im looking for someone who can help but also wont cost me out the ass to drive there but daytona isnt bad and from what ive heard from reading the forum rooster would be one of the better people to have help. just let me know the details and if you can and thatd be sweet:bounce:

rooster
06-16-2009, 05:13 AM
No problem I'll be glad to help and Im sure I can grab a few others as well. Just let me know when your ready. A week or two heads up would be good.

scottyp
06-16-2009, 08:49 AM
alright cool man, i will deffinately let you know in advance. not one of the people that are just like hey um im about a mile away from ur place and i hope you dont have anything to do b/c i brought the jeep to do install on:shaking:

GunnersJK
06-16-2009, 07:22 PM
I'm just east of G'ville myself. I wouldn't mind watching, as something similar is coming up for me toward the end of the year.

scottyp
06-16-2009, 07:30 PM
well if rooster wouldnt mind and youd be willing to go halfsies on gas:grinpimp: i could always pick you up or you could meet me then make the trip

GunnersJK
06-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Half on gas, could be done. Half on the lift, you're on your own!

Depending on when and where, might take you up on it.

scottyp
06-17-2009, 05:53 PM
alright sounds good once everything gets into place and im all purchased up its time for a road trip:bounce:

Just wondering how old are you gunners? same with rooster and everyone im only 18 haha:thefinger: i think im the only person on this site under 21:shaking:

GunnersJK
06-18-2009, 04:10 PM
You're the only person in this site under 21? Actually, you may be the only one!!!

The question is not how old am I, but how wise am I? In my case, very wise! Wise enough, in fact, to overlook the question (chuckle), particularly since you are in school in G'ville, which must mean you are a Gator or close enough (SFCC). And since Urban, Timmy, Donovan and the entire Gator softball team are personal friends of mine, and I am a UF grad myself, I'll let the need to inquire about age pass.

Seriously though, I'm in Melrose, 25 miles east of you. If location becomes an issue, I've a well equipped garage with air, some tools, floor jack, jack stands, etc. And a very nice place on a very nice lake. If you can pull together the parts, and can get some of the more knowledgeable guys on the site together to help, you are welcome to use my digs for your party. We'll throw in a few hours water skiiing after to make it worth the drive. Just give me a few weeks notice.

scottyp
06-18-2009, 05:13 PM
haha no mean to offend i was just curious. I'm 18 so probably by far youngest on site and sadly that also means i still answer to daddy considering he is paying for school(start UF in spring) he has the final say in what i can or cannot do with my money-including the jeep:bawling:- so we will see how all of this works out.

Glad to hear ur a gator fan. Dad went to UF and has been a booster for over 20 years and my sister is currently attending UF and as i said earlier i will be attending in the spring till then i am taking some extra classes at Santa Fe since UF allows me to take up to 15 credits before my official term starts and considering i already have 15 meaning i can have 30 or half of my aa done by spring instead of only having 1/4 of it done saving some money. Considering your a fan i assume you attend most football games (i have been going to 90% of the home games since i was born) maybe we could meet up and tailgate before one of the games. Always good to hear from fans, Go Gators!:bounce:

As i said though and im sure ur aware UF is not cheap although i have prepaid and bright futures having three other siblings including one also attending UF its breaking the bank and although i have my own money what im allowed to do with it is up to him so it might be awhile before i can get everything:pissed: but once i do i will be sure to get ahold of you and the rest the guys

scottyp
07-03-2009, 06:02 AM
Hey guys my 5100 bilsteins are coming in today and my RK 3.5 mid arm is coming by then end of this week or beggining of next week. If the offer still stands id love some help with the install. Gunners has offered his garage to use along with his lake for some recreational skiing/tubing/hanging on the boat and if he is still ok with it and anyone willing to help wouldnt mind the trip that would be one thing if not i can make the trip to where ever as long as it isnt tooo far and we can get the install done in one day.

The RK3.5 requires some welding well more so is recomended but if no one can weld then i guess i would have to go to a shop to get that done.

Once again thanks for th2e offers and if they still stand id love to have you guys help b/c the obvious one its free and the other because this way i can actually help and learn instead of just dropping it off at a shop and then picking it back up.

scottyp
07-06-2009, 01:58 PM
bump:grinpimp:

scottyp
07-07-2009, 06:17 PM
2 da TOP:shaking::thefinger:

Grant211
07-08-2009, 04:50 AM
bring it to orlando and I'll watch and drink :beer:

:thefinger:

sorry dude,I can't put crap together... if you don't believe me ask Rooster about the install of my simple body lift and the jack falling off :laughing:

rooster
07-08-2009, 06:19 AM
Scotty - Id be glad to help. I dont weld though. Love to be able to help do what I can though.

sharpe351
07-08-2009, 12:55 PM
I can weld, but i don't know how thick your metal is. I have a little 110 welder. I've built a few racecar cages, and I've put perches on a few 9" ford housings before. Generally, I do fabrication frequently (especially lately). I'm located in Apopka, just outside Orlando.

scottyp
07-08-2009, 06:15 PM
If I drive down to Ocala would we be able to do the whole install in a day? and would we be able to do all of it? castor alignment etc and if itd work ur welcome to come and weld and help with the install if this happens