JKOwners Forum banner

Ouray, Colorado

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  rlew 
#1 ·
Was in Ouray for the weekend and played around Yankee Boy, Corkscrew, Hurricane Pass, and Poughkeepsie.

Yankee Boy Basin

Top of Corkscrew

Hurricane Pass looking down at Lake Como

"the wall" at Poughkeepsie

See less See more
#8 ·
Awesome pictures! It's really hard to get pictures that adequately do justice to the scenery, but it looks like you managed to do so pretty well.

Ouray is where my wife and I plan to retire someday. The scenery, the trails and of course the Ice Festival, not to mention beer and eats at Billy Goat Gruff's! I pity those who haven't yet been able to visit the area.

We're headed up to Lake City this coming weekend and plan on taking Engineer over to Ouray and doing a few other trails in the area as well. Of course the wife just wants to do some fishing. I guess that's good too, but gotta have some jeepin' fun as well, right?

It looks like the weather's been great. How heavy was the trail activity up there last weekend?

#10 ·
Trail activity last weekend was a little more than average - not crazy though. They have been getting some rain showers just about every day this week I believe.

I was only on Engineer from Ouray to the start of Poughkeepsie and that sectioned seemed to be more washed out than last time I ran it, but that was 2 years ago.

Have fun!

#9 ·
great pics...miss Colorado, I have run all these trails many times before, 'cept Poughkeepsie, only done it once...

#11 ·
HAha, I actually saw you in Ouray. We were there from the 3rd thru the 8th. Very nice jeep. Traffic wasn't bad, just wish the rain would have held off a bit, just being selfish on my part. Great pictures I saw most of those areas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.