Belly Plate? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Belly Plate?

redjk
01-21-2008, 07:42 AM
Anyone taken a shot at making a belly plate on a 4 door?

seer
01-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Rock Hard has a three piece setup that might qualify.

a plumber
01-21-2008, 06:59 PM
I helped a buddy build one for his YJ over the weekend and it got me thinking of ways to do the JK, we were talking about doing it in pieces like the rock hard.

TORN
01-22-2008, 06:05 AM
Rock Hard are nice skids but way over priced. Why is everything close to $1000 for JKs?UGH!! I think someone will come out with a quality cheaper version thats worth the money soon. I am going to wait or make my own.

seer
01-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Rock Hard are nice skids but way over priced. Why is everything close to $1000 for JKs?UGH!! I think someone will come out with a quality cheaper version thats worth the money soon. I am going to wait or make my own.

I hear that. My problem is I don't have the metal skills or equipment to make something as stout as the Rock Hard stuff. So I pay now so I don't have to buy a new oil pan or (actually it was the tranny skid taking most of the hits) new tranny later.

PUDDLZ
01-23-2008, 08:55 AM
There is no set price on protection as for mine have already been put to the test.;)