Control arm skids? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Control arm skids?

steve&2jc's
01-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Which would be the better way to go, bolt on or weld on. JKS weld on ones are inexpensive but I'd have to pay a welder. Skid row's aren't out yet but I had a set on my tj and was happy. I want to get the mounts protected before I bash them up.

nam6869usmc
01-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Which would be the better way to go, bolt on or weld on. JKS weld on ones are inexpensive but I'd have to pay a welder. Skid row's aren't out yet but I had a set on my tj and was happy. I want to get the mounts protected before I bash them up.

Eric of Skidrow just had a JK up there working on completing his LCA Skids,,,..give them a call & he'll know when he'll have them.

steve&2jc's
01-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Eric of Skidrow just had a JK up there working on completing his LCA Skids,,,..give them a call & he'll know when he'll have them.

I'm on his list to notify me when they're done. Still deciding which way to go.

Mini-me
01-21-2008, 08:06 AM
I went with JKS for LCA arm skids. I had to modify them slightly to make me happy but, I am very satified with them. I post some pics latter if you would like? I work mid nites and need to get some sleep.

steve&2jc's
01-21-2008, 09:29 AM
I went with JKS for LCA arm skids. I had to modify them slightly to make me happy but, I am very satified with them. I post some pics latter if you would like? I work mid nites and need to get some sleep.

If you don't mind pics would be nice. I just ordered a set this morning.
Steve

igofshn
01-21-2008, 09:37 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/igofshn/jeep%20junk/Picture028.jpg?t=1200936805
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v82/igofshn/jeep%20junk/?action=view&current=Picture027.jpg

These were free. Made from scrap. don't waste your money on expensive one.

steve&2jc's
01-21-2008, 01:22 PM
They were only $22 through Quadratec.

Mini-me
01-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Here are a couple of pics of the installed skids. I end up cutting off the skid at the horizontal weld and using my own piece of .250" steel. As you can see in the rear view a flat piece of steel plate would not clear my TeraFlex LCA's. Worth $25.00 in my book.

steve&2jc's
01-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Here are a couple of pics of the installed skids. I end up cutting off the skid at the horizontal weld and using my own piece of .250" steel. As you can see in the rear view a flat piece of steel plate would not clear my TeraFlex LCA's. (If I could add pics.) Worth $25.00 in my book.

Steve, for some reason I am not able to load attachments. :confused: If you want I can e-mail them to you.

You don't need to email them, but thanks anyway. I've got AtoZ Fabrication lined up to weld them on for me when I go over to test fit his new JK front bumper. It's good to be the guinea pig sometimes.

PhilD
01-23-2008, 03:02 PM
These were free. Made from scrap. don't waste your money on expensive one.That's what I did too. When I installed my RockRunner arms I had to trim them back a bit though, otherwise the arm ends would have fouled on them.

Mini-me
01-23-2008, 06:19 PM
I added pictures of the skids

seer
01-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Has anybody checked out the Rancho control arm skid kit? I know it's pricey, but by the time I pay someone to weld, buy new brackets and rent a car while waiting, I'd still be way ahead.

igofshn
01-25-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm sure they wouldn't charge you more than $10. it only takes less than 5 minutes.

seer
01-26-2008, 09:25 AM
I'm sure they wouldn't charge you more than $10. it only takes less than 5 minutes.

You boys have it so easy. The nearest off road repair shop is over an hour's drive away. I'll trust myself for trash welding, but load bearing stuff?:shaking: When you have to deal with the only game in own, they'll choose when they wanna do something and how much they'll charge.