Hi from Atlanta [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Hi from Atlanta

DILYSI Dave
01-19-2008, 01:35 PM
I've seen a few familiar names from some of the other boards. Looks like a good community here.

Name- Dave
Location - NE of Atlanta
Ride - 91 YJ 4.0 / 5MT
Other Ride - The company '07 JK X with 6" of lift on 35's
History - I've been into cars forever. Spent many years in the sport compact scene, and still spend quite a few of my weekends racing SCCA autocross. My racecar is an 89 Civic that is currently undergoing a home-brew turbo conversion. Cars led me into my career of mechanical engineering. I worked on the Formula SAE car at my school while I was in college, which cemented the passion. Got out into the real world and after a few years was able to work my way into a career in automotive. I spent a few years at Lund, making truck accessories, and am now the engineering manager for Omix-Ada / Rugged Ridge. I had never had a jeep prior to starting this job, but given the large number of Jeeps there (everything from a '67 CJ5 to an '07 JK, and every generation in between) it didn't take me long to get hooked and buy my YJ. I've found somewhat of a club home with Georgia Trail Riders, and was pointed to this forum by BigJerm, who is also in the club. I look forward to many hours wasted here. :)

luigi0523
01-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Welcome! Glad you found your way here.:smokin:

nam6869usmc
01-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Welcome! Glad you found your way here.:smokin:

Welcome Dave, by the looks of your background info, you shouldn't have to buy to many Mod's, sounds like you have all the skill needed & Build your own stuff.

Bigjerm
01-19-2008, 07:17 PM
glad to see you made your way over here. You will enjoy this forum alot more than the "other" forum.

DILYSI Dave
01-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

MichaelW
01-20-2008, 08:26 AM
Welcome to the forum Dave!

It's nice to have another edumacated person on board here. We will share with you as long as you share with us. That's the philosophy that makes this rocking world go 'round. :bounce:

paragon
01-20-2008, 12:02 PM
Welcome,

Hope to see you on a trail somewhere soon.