Rock Hard 4x4 Gas Tank Skid Plate [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Rock Hard 4x4 Gas Tank Skid Plate

PhilD
01-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Installed the RockHard4x4 Gas Tank Skid Plate (http://www.trailduty.com/product_info.php?&products_id=614) the other day. Install was real simple, although my deformed stock gas tank skid caused a few issues in getting it to fit right. Took about 45 minutes, with an straight gas tank skid, the install would take less than 30 minutes.

It fits over the stock skid plate, and you need to drill three holes in the stock gas tank gas, and one requires the rear wheel to be removed.

The skid plate is 3/16" and finished well and is a very nice fit. Should definitely add some strength to a vulnerable area. All the bolts are well protected, two steel head protectors are supplied for the ones at the front.

seer
01-19-2008, 11:42 AM
I spent a week in Moab banging the crap out of mine with just some red dirt to show for it. If you don't come to love yours, I'll be surprised.

BTW at one point the guy behind me gave me a call to stop immediately because I had something about to fall off from underneath. It turns out it was the gas tank. Apparently on the bigger bumps it'll show a bit hanging lower than the rear diff. He'd never seen such a large tank before. I think he was jealous.

PhilD
01-19-2008, 12:04 PM
BTW at one point the guy behind me gave me a call to stop immediately because I had something about to fall off from underneath. It turns out it was the gas tank. :D :D :D

TORN
01-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Thats a nice looking skid. I will definately need one cause the stock doesnt protect it very well at all.