Just picked up at lunch! [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Just picked up at lunch!

grnlntrn
05-28-2009, 01:30 PM
The Taurus Judge... I have been reading about these and looking at them for some time with my dad and at lunch today decided to pick one up! It was the last one they had. So luck would have it, the gun and all the rounds we needed were there today!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu186/jznance1284/Random/taurus-judge-410-3-inch-2.gif

come saturday we will have to see what it can do.

Riverkid
05-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Those are kinda cool. Unfortunately, Not Cali legal...:bawling:

Ogie
05-29-2009, 09:56 AM

Really? I did not know that. Why?

Riverkid
05-29-2009, 10:09 AM
No idea but they can't come in... Cali has there own wierd handgun laws too...

Big A
05-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Nice weapon!

Rounds for it are going to be difficult to acquire unfortunately.

grnlntrn
05-29-2009, 11:14 AM

that’s really weird. is it something to do with the caliber vs. size or something?

Riverkid
05-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Likely is because it doesn't have a key type safety so you can shut the thing off just by turning the key and locking up the trigger or some BS...:thefinger::bounce:

SASQUATCH
05-29-2009, 12:22 PM
Holy freaking cow! It shoots .45 Colt, .45 ACP and .410 shotgun shells!!! LMAO....410 shotgun shells....dude! That's awesome! :D, this would make a great addition to some drivers side door Raingler netting :smokin:

Found this from reading a few google searches, not my words mind you:

First, it is a Taurus which are known to 2nd rate guns. I bought a "judge" thinking it might be a fun gun to take out while hiking around. The 45 LC ammo works great in the gun but as for the .410 shells, be sure to use the smooth plastic casing. The rougher casings with grooves don't come out of the cylinder. The gun only uses 2 1/2" .410 shells which really limits the usable ammo selection. When using .410 shells, one really has to make sure the shells are pushed ALL the way down in the cylinder or it won't close. Numerous times the cylinder has not locked up.

This is not a defense gun unless attacked by paper targets or using 45 LC and then there are much better 45 LC pistols. This gun is a play toy and deserving of being called a serious gun.

I mean ok so everyone already knows Taurus is a less expensive gun but I personally think it'd be a cool gun to have.

What do these generally go for on average price wise?

Cool detailed info on this gun here http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm

WRANGLERV8
05-29-2009, 02:31 PM
I've been wanting on of these since they first came out,but no one around town has been able to get them.Bass Pro just sent out a sale paper advertising they have them in stock,so I may just go pick one up.

grnlntrn
05-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Holy freaking cow! It shoots .45 Colt, .45 ACP and .410 shotgun shells!!! LMAO....410 shotgun shells....dude! That's awesome! :D, this would make a great addition to some drivers side door Raingler netting :smokin:

Found this from reading a few google searches, not my words mind you:

First, it is a Taurus which are known to 2nd rate guns. I bought a "judge" thinking it might be a fun gun to take out while hiking around. The 45 LC ammo works great in the gun but as for the .410 shells, be sure to use the smooth plastic casing. The rougher casings with grooves don't come out of the cylinder. The gun only uses 2 1/2" .410 shells which really limits the usable ammo selection. When using .410 shells, one really has to make sure the shells are pushed ALL the way down in the cylinder or it won't close. Numerous times the cylinder has not locked up.

This is not a defense gun unless attacked by paper targets or using 45 LC and then there are much better 45 LC pistols. This gun is a play toy and deserving of being called a serious gun.

I mean ok so everyone already knows Taurus is a less expensive gun but I personally think it'd be a cool gun to have.

What do these generally go for on average price wise?

Cool detailed info on this gun here http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm

Its pretty bad man. I took it out and shot a couple 410 slugs the other day, doesn't kick back as much as I thought it would, nice and light as well.

As for pricing... look for around 550-575... they might change when the ultralights come out. There are also the two barrel lengths to choose from.:beer:

grnlntrn
05-31-2009, 02:41 PM
I take that back the ultra lights are out...

SASQUATCH
06-01-2009, 07:27 AM
I didn't expect it'd kick back too much with .410s but with the .45ACP's I'd expect considerably more kick. Is that the case or not much kick with those either?

grnlntrn
06-01-2009, 09:14 AM
No, you def. have to put more muscle into it to fight the .45 recoil. :beer: I didn't get a chance to take it to the range yet, but I did set up some water jugs (x3). once I got over the initial shock of the kick from 'basically' a hand held rifle... it was cool to what was left :beer::bounce: But we mainly got it to combat the snakes that get in our yard and coons that dig in the trash. I have a feeling it will work just fine