JKOwners Forum banner

Blood on 2N17X & Cleghorn!!!!!!!!!!!

6K views 53 replies 17 participants last post by  mountain-man 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, our fun little run down 2N17X and Cleghorn didn't end without carnage.....

I'm still not speaking to Richard for that one.........

Mark and Billy, where were you guys??? We had a lot of fun :grinpimp::beer:

See less See more
#2 ·
More Pics.......

#3 ·
more pic's

#4 ·
more

#6 ·
was listening to someone who nevered spoted befor,and i think i got video too,videos take so long to do now.been working on them all morn.

#7 · (Edited)
#15 ·
Thanks Richard & Goddess great Vids. Sorry for your carnage. After washing the jeep today found more pin striping. Got a couple of good ones through the tight areas.

#18 · (Edited)
#21 ·
Some of Cleghorn got a little tougher and some got easier ran it last Saturday night showed somebody some of the ropes of wheeling took a virgin wheeler in an almost stock TJ over everything he did great had to run his Jeep over one ledge for him but after that he had the hang of that also the guy did a heck of a job on the first time out. Darn I love that trail for some fun wheeling

#23 ·
Its all down hill now after that first dent:D

#26 ·
#27 ·
That sucks. You need to get some rock sliders (yeah, a bit too later, I know). I have Woods' Rubi-rails, and it weren't for them, my sides would look worse than yours.

#29 ·
i need more lift i just have a 2.5 lift,so i get hung up on everything.

#30 ·
Your spotters were making me nervous...and I'm just sittin at a desk.

Thankfully the damage was very minimal. Could've been a LOT worse if you had slid off of the rock and put your Jeep into it with more force. Cool videos.

Badge of honor. :smokin:

#31 ·
lol it was bad.but he was i nice guy, just never spotted befor.and yes could've been alot worse.

#32 ·
You could tell that he felt totally bad about that...lol. I put someone into a huge rock a while back, taking out his taillight and putting a huge gash in the rear quarter panel. Luckily, it gave him motivation to upgrade to trail corners, so I look at it as a "win-win" situation. :)

#33 ·
It doesn't make any sense to blame the spotter if they're sober and doing their best. Ultimately it's the drivers responsibility to read the terrain and act accordingly. Stuff happens. I hate Pucker Rock as much as the next guy but I'm glad I got the carnage over with.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etpk_UIfVbg&feature=channel_page

I just can't go slow enough to rock crawl properly without carnage.

#37 ·
It doesn't make any sense to blame the spotter if they're sober and doing their best.
Totally agree. Wasn't blaming them. They all seemed like a good bunch of folks to wheel with. The couple of times that I gave bad spots, no one made me feel guilty...except myself.

I know how she felt though. That first dent or gouge is always the hardest to swallow. I think "battle scars" are pretty cool looking on jeeps. Makes people not want to park next to you at the grocery store too. :smokin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.