JKOwners Forum banner

Shaking from front of jeep

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  rubirobv 
#1 ·
I have a stock 07 jk unlimited with the 17 in. wheels and dana 44 package. Twice so far on my way to work I hit a small bump going around a curve and the whole jeep starts shaking violently. I have to slow down to almost a complete stop for it to go away and afterwards it drives like normal. Has anyone else had this happen and know how to fix it? The Stealerships in the area suck and braek vehicles more than fix them.:pissed:

#4 · (Edited)
I thought DW only happened when you lifted your jeep. This is bone stock and only has 37k miles on it. My TJ I lifted 4 in. and never had a problem with DW, has jeep really gotten that crappy? As for tire balance I just had them rotated and balanced just b4 Christmas and it doesn't shake at any speed like you normally notice when they are out.

#5 ·
I thought DW only happened when you lifted your jeep. This is bone stock and only has 37k miles on it. My TJ I lifted 4 in. and never had a problem with DW, has jeep really gotten that crappy? As for tire balance I just had them rotated and balanced just b4 Christmas and it doesn't shake at any speed like you normally notice when they are out.
No. This is not normal. There should not be any vibration or wobble, especially stock. I doubt that your stabilizer is causing this issue. Could be a loose bolt on a control arm, track-bar or tie rod. Might also be the pitman arm or draglink. Need to take it in and have them check these connections. You can also do it yourself with a couple of appropriate tools. Even a crappy dealership should at the least, be able to make sure these areas are torqued correctly.

#6 ·
We have stack TJ's come in all the time with DW and it is usally a result of the tire's. The Wrangler SRA's are on the top of the list. We havn't had a DW problem on the stock JK's, but I have seen a few where the sleeve on the Draglink and Tie Rod have came loose and created some vibrations.

#7 ·
The dealer ships in my area suck. One ruined my engine on my TJ, then wouldn't fix it saying I took it offroad when I never had the chance to after they supposedly fixed it. So I took it to a different dealer and trade it in on a used 07 jk x unlimited.
I then got a notice from jeep about the 07 brake recall and took it to a different dealer which said it would only take a 1/2 hour to reflash the program. Ended up taking 4 1/2hrs. and I'm not sure if they did it right. Said something about installing a new brake module and that didn't work so they had to find a older program or something. Never gave me a straight answer if it was fixed.
I prefer working on my own vehicles and done lifts on 3 other wranglers, but it's winter now and I have no garage at the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.