JKOwners Forum banner

driving on gas easments through woods

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Dustoff '68 
#1 ·
Today I was out in rural PA and saw a major gas pipe line (at least 100 ft wide) there was no gate so I drove down it (in first gear!!!!). This dude rides up in a four wheeler and starts yelling at me and takes a pic of my license plate. He says it's posted and I could get fined $300. It's up a road I have lived on most of my life, so I say OK.....Sorry, I guess I'll have to pay it.

My question is, isn't a gas line a public easment. We ride snowmobiles on them in the winter all the time. I was totally cool with the guy and if i'm wrong then oh well. Let me know if you know, not what you think.

Thanks

#2 ·
I have a gasline easement through my property. It simply gives the gas company control over that part of the land.... they don't own it, I still do. But they can remove any trees, dig, spray or whatever without consent. It's trespassing on private property if you venture there.

I also have a power easement that includes water and phone, it's virtually the same.

#6 ·
gas pipe line

When I was a teenager we used to ride horses along those and never had a problem. I guess thing have changed!

#7 · (Edited)
When I was a teenager we used to ride horses along those and never had a problem. I guess thing have changed!
Yes...it's called the consumer cash cow...ticket and tax them 'till they die, and take half of what they leave behind after death...:shaking::shaking::shaking:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.