JKOwners Forum banner

BLOOD, BEER & FUN IN BIG BEAR 11/9!!!

2K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  so_calif_rubi 
#1 · (Edited)
Had a great run today in Big Bear, CA. Derf, Socalrubi, 100Dollarman, and yours truly did Gold Mt. and John Bull in blustery weather. It was easier and yet more challenging than the last time we did this run. Easier because we had done it and knew what to expect, yet for me it was more challenging because I was running without power steering, have a bloody smashed finger from work, and the snow and mud made it slippery. All in all a great day though. It was was great to meet you Fred and Julie aka 'Derf'. Fred your Jeep is awesome. You made everything look so easy.
Here's the few pics I took.
100Dollarman

Socalrubi

Derf

Billy Goat

See less See more
#6 ·
I was going to do the john bull on sunday also, I live in lake arrowhead. Had to cancel because no one to go with. Should have went anyway . I would have run into you guys. I am allways looking for people to 4x with. I have an 07 rubicon with a rustys lift and 35" tires. It would be nice to hang with a JK crowd . All the guys I know have XJs. Let me know next time you go , looking forward to some new stuff.

Kevin Griggs
kgriggsconst@charter.net

#8 ·
I am pretty versed in the local mountain trails , some not open due to fire damage. I would like to get some more runs in before to much snow. I have ben wheelin and riding in this area for years, I still find new trails. Spring is the most fun. MUD,MUD,MUD.

#9 ·
We had a great day,we need to do it in more snow.we have lots of pic's and video's,Missy is sick so migth have them up tommrow.

#11 · (Edited)
#12 · (Edited)
now for some pic's

Our First Stuck of the day......

#13 ·
more pic's from Gold Mtn

#14 ·
Now some Jonh Bull stuff

#15 ·
and more

#17 ·
Hey Beat, we'll make sure and let you know in advanced before we go. We love doing Big Bear runs. We'll send you a pm too. :O)

#20 ·
#21 ·
found a couple more vids

Okay, I found a couple more videos and I'm uploading them to You Tube right now. I'll put them on ASAP

Man did I get SICK! Wow, I had a BAD bug. I don't usually get the flu and I'm a total baby when I do....but I survived.:grinpimp: I think I must have gotten it from that Starbucks right at the food of the Mt....WOW....don't go there!!!!!!!

#23 ·
Okay, I found a couple more videos and I'm uploading them to You Tube right now. I'll put them on ASAP

Man did I get SICK! Wow, I had a BAD bug. I don't usually get the flu and I'm a total baby when I do....but I survived.:grinpimp: I think I must have gotten it from that Starbucks right at the food of the Mt....WOW....don't go there!!!!!!!
Thanks for the vids. I too am getting sick, congested, and just plain tired. Probably just the long days wearing me out. I leave the house at 4:45am and get home around 7pmish, eat, and crashout.

Hope you're feeling better!

#22 ·
#24 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.