JKOwners Forum banner

Uwharrie, Saturday, May 1st

3K views 37 replies 10 participants last post by  jhixf564 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone who's interested just reply to this thread and I'll add you to the list.

We'll meet at Eldorado Outpost between 09:30-10:00
Would like to try and hit the trails around 10:30ish.

C.B. CH 10 will be primary. 12 will be the backup channel.
1. Sin52 (camp)
2. SONIC
3. jku rubicon
4. JK-JAKE (camp)
5. johnmcd
6. tkob1060(pending repairs)
7. jku rubicon (arrival 1300 Eldorado Outpost)

I'll be camping for the night.

#4 ·
You know he would rather wheel than play baseball :laughing:

#5 ·
I am already in the other thread but just incase that one dies.....
I can't get up there until around 1pm Saturday since I don't get off duty till 8am Sat morning. I would be camping Saturday night and coming home Sunday after a little morning wheeling.
If that fits with everyones plans, I'm in. I have never been to uwharrie and it's a 4 hour drive for me so I was hoping to link up with some people from here to show me around a bit. :beer:

#13 ·
You technically cannot drink in any of the NF campgrounds......
You can if you camp on the trail i believe.
That being said, we have on several occasions sat around a fire and killed a few beers. We just poured them into cups :laughing:

#15 ·
Is anyone willing to trade cell numbers with me and coordinate meeting up with me around 1-2pm Saturday? I think I can make the drive in 4 hours but I don't even know where the outpost is or where to pay etc let alone the trail system or finding the camp ground you guys will be at.
Yes, I am formally asking for a JKO liason so I'm not lost on this trip lol .... the sooner someone posts up the better since I have to leave first thing in the morning.
TIA :beer:

#16 · (Edited)
www.eldoradooutpost.com <----Meeting place

trail map:

And JKU-Rubi if you cant manage to find us heres how you get to the trails if you want to go play

Well try and be off the trail when you get there to meet up with you, I have driven a long way to wheel and then couldnt find anyone it sucked ahah so will try and avoid that.

Sin what you think channels 10 and 12 as a backup?

#18 · (Edited)
www.eldoradooutpost.com <----Meeting place

trail map:

And JKU-Rubi if you cant manage to find us heres how you get to the trails if you want to go play

Well try and be off the trail when you get there to meet up with you, I have driven a long way to wheel and then couldnt find anyone it sucked ahah so will try and avoid that.

Sin what you think channels 4 and 12 as a backup?
Cool brother CH4 and 12 as a backup.
we could time up the runs so we meet at the outpost at 1 for lunch. that would save a lot of confusion. Whadaya say?

#20 ·
Ah good call Tim I knew there was a reason I remembered channel 4 :laughing:
10 and 12 it is.

You guys are really making me want to camp damn it.

#21 ·
Unfortunately Sat is my duty day so I cant make it, hopefully next time will work out a bit better.

#22 ·
Damn sorry to hear it.
You have got to get out an wheel that thing!:beer:

#25 ·
Food can be had at the Eldorado Outpost. We're going to time up our morning run to meet you at the outpost between 1 and 2, eat lunch, then head back to the trails. You can camp on the trails for free or the organized campsites for a fee. I just rented a spot in Badinlake campground. Me and Jake are driving in from Goldsboro and we're going to setup camp before the morning run because afterwards I'm just going to want to kick back with a brew.

#28 ·
Oh bullshit you were scheduled to go wheeling first :laughing:

I was hoping to get there and set the tent up wherever everyone else is before dark, setting up in the dark is not much fun....... speaking of dark, I want to do some night wheeling since I am driving 4 hours up there and leaving Sunday by noon. Are any of you up for that?
I'm up for some night wheelin :smokin: I'm not camping but I'll hang out for awhile.

#35 ·
Thanks for the info, unfortunately I just saw this post. Found a days inn to crash at around 1030PM last night in some town that starts with a B, I'm not sure where we are but about to let my gps figure that out and head home. I will post up some pics when I get home, good meeting the guys who showed up and our new Nissan friend lol

#38 ·
Turkey season is about over so I'll start hitting the trails some. I don't know why that post was so late! I sent it late Friday night. I was in Nebraska Hunting and the cell reception is not the best. The Days Inn in Biscoe is just as good as any in Albemarle, you are walking distance from Food Lion(beer),ABC(liquor) and a Waffle House to get some food for your alcoholic body

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.