JKOwners Forum banner

2.5 inch lift / 33" tires?

155K views 47 replies 37 participants last post by  gfranxman 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on what a 2.5 inch lift would look like with 33" tires. Pictures would be great. I'm trying to decide if I should go with 35" or 33" Any opinions? :bounce:

#4 ·
yup I would agree. I have no lift and I will be running 33's.

#25 ·
33's are for dudes that dont have the balls to go 35's
What a stupid comment.

There's a bunch of things that go into ones decision on tire size. Cost, lift, looks, gears, etc. If I had a rubi and 4.10's I would have gone with 35s and a bigger lift (probably 3/3.25"). But with 3.21's, there was no way I'd go with 35s. I'd hate the jeep before I could regear it... As it is, I'm loving my 2.5 BB & 33s.

#17 ·
u should go straight with 35's

heres mine on 33's with skyjacker 2"bb

and the 35's with the skyjacker 2"bb

i got a rc 4" lift i'm waiting to put on, just waiting on adj. trackbar

i might actually go with 37's, gonna wait and see how it looks with the new lift and 35's 1st

#18 ·
Comparison:

2.5 RC coils w/35s:

2.5 RC coils w/285/70/17s:

If you don't wanna re-gear and you don't think you'll ever go bigger then go 33s. If you can answer that you are going to re-gear and you want to go bigger then don't waste the money on the 33s. :)

#19 ·
Went with 33's because place I bought my tires from said 35's will not fit with my 2.5" BB!!!!! F'THAT should not have listened to him. Trying to get rid of my 33's so I can get 35's.

35's all the way!!!!!

#43 ·
33" Duratracs on your JK

You Jeep looks great as is. Honestly, really no need to jump to 35's. I have the same set up and couldn't be more pleased with the aggressive look and handling. I replaced the front and rear track bars, drag link, put in AEV geometry correction brackets, Old Man Emu 2.5" coil springs with Rancho 9000XL shocks with 33 Duratracs. This now rides better than stock and looks better than I thought it would. Next is ARB front and rear lockers with air compressor.

#21 ·
I have a 2.5 lift and 305/70R17 with ProComp 17X9. Goodyear says tire is a 34", but it actually measures 33.5 installed on my wheels.

#24 ·
2.5" lift w/ 33's.

#26 · (Edited)
I just want to say thank you to everyone for all the input. I'm going with 35's if I can confirm I have 4:10 gearing. Unfortunately I'm in sand castle heaven 6,000 miles away from my rubicon. Is it safe to assume I have stock 4:10 gears in my jeep???

#27 ·
rubicon is 4.10's for sure... actually 4.11's which is evern better :bounce: go for it... im about to move from 33's to 35's still with my 3.21's....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.