JKOwners Forum banner

Finished Exo

10K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  YKJK 
#1 ·
Final pics of the JK Exo...

Forgot to take some of the top, get some up later.

See less See more
#7 ·
Roll it with video!

:beer::beer::beer:

#21 ·
I do like it allot so don't take offense in any way as I agree it's less expensive. DOM is only a good option on bends due to the fact it is machined to make sure the wall thickness is always .120. I was just pointing out that the material you used has irregularities in the thickness according to the show. It could be even thicker in some cases. They did say it is a prefectly fine option for small buggies and trail rigs and he also said that on the show. You do not want to use weld seamed piping in bends due to the seam being the weak point but its a valid option for straight away's. It was a good show.

I will say it is better than mine cause I do not have one right now and damn if you roll I don't see an issue except for maybe a bar to keep you inside in case of a rollover across the door.

1 3/4 DOM and chromoly are definately options for the professional rally trucks with high speed crashes and all. I'm not saying that it is needed in what any of us would do that I know of, well maybe river or pig...

#23 ·
I like the idea, but I don't get it I guess.

Now the top can't be removed? If it's a trailer queen, pull the top and save a bunch of weight by not having such a huge cage surrounding the top. Also, if it's a wheeler, why worry about the body that much? Once again, seems like you could save a bunch of weight by not covering all the body pieces seeing as most of it is just cosmetic.

Granted, it looks pretty decent, but seems like it's a bit of a waste. For a trail only rig, lighter is better.

And your pipe is fine for slow tumbles, but not even close for high speed rolls.

#24 ·
Looks great Paulito! I know it has been a work in progress and it really came together. We will let you go in front when the trails get too narrow... just bulldoze a path for the rest of us.

Nice work!!

Hydro steering..... bomb proof diffs.... longfields...40s.... exo.... what's next?

#29 ·
lol. I meant no disrespect.

Just seems overdone I guess. I can understand an exo on a XJ or something with not much interior room. A JK, or TJ or whatever just seems like a beefed interior cage would be more fitting.

Then again, there is something to be said for the "Don't screw with my rig or it'll eat you" look either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.